• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MJ View Post
    I love the look of his cans
    Made my day

Comment

Originally posted by MJ View Post
      I'm already in e-mail conversation with Rich at AR. I love the look and sound of his cans and will probably get the GP2, as it looks sweet, is a little quieter and can be fitted high or low.

The thing I'm finding annoying though is how hard Aprilia have made it to change exhausts. You either have to get the stock ECU remapped, or buy a racing ECU and there doesn't seem to be a lot of information about either method on the net. Aprilia is new to my dealer too.
      I spoke to Rich a little while ago and he was spot on, didn't get a can in the end but I'm glad really as I also like the GP2 which is coming out for the S1000 soon. I'm thinking of that along with the CS system (essentially a decat pipe) they do and a PC5, not so much for top end gains but a touch more midrange never goes amiss!!

Will a PC5 not do the job for yours as they do advertise it alongside the GP2?

Comment

Originally posted by Womble9 View Post
        I spoke to Rich a little while ago and he was spot on, didn't get a can in the end but I'm glad really as I also like the GP2 which is coming out for the S1000 soon.
        I was going to get the GP2 until I saw a great deal on the GP Ultimate with ti link pipe, so I went for the high slung version of that instead. I saved nearly ?300 compared to buying the GP2. I like the fact you can go either high or low slung with the GP2 though and that it's a little lower on the dB scale.

Will a PC5 not do the job for yours as they do advertise it alongside the GP2?
        My readings and questions have found the answer that ideally you need the race map or racing ECU when you fit a more open exhaust and that the race map or ECU is needed before you can make use of a Power Commander.

I see Dynojet now official list the PCV for the RSV4 on the their site, a week or two ago it still showing as "under development", it's $624.95 though. The version for my Blade is 'only' $369.95 to give a comparison.

Comment

I collected the RSV4 Factory today and only had time to put about 10 miles on it, but it was enough to already love it!

When in neutral it sounds quite tame, then put it in gear and a valve opens in the header pipe that unleashes the proper sound of the V4 and this is just with the restrictive stock slip-on fitted and it sounds even better when riding. I have no idea how aprilia managed to get this through road legal sound tests and I can't wait to hear it when I fit the Austin Racing GP Ultimate Can I have ready to go.

I've removed the rear footpegs, they give you blanking plates to fit in their place, and have fitted the OEM DPM Aluminium Racing Levers and have got OEM Crash Pads or R&G Aero Crash Protectors ready to go on, not sure which I'm going to use yet. I'm not sure how long I can resist the urge to fit the AR can, but I really want to get past the 600 mile break-in period first. I'll probably change the screen too and am swaying toward the light smoke Puig, as it has a nice shape and finish, although I don't mind the smoked MRA screen either.

I didn't think biking could get any better than it already had done for me. Oh how wrong was I.

Comment

looks lovely!

Comment

Nice weaponry!

Comment

Fantastic piece of kit there mate, v nice indeed. Mind me asking how you rate the build quality / finish on your Austin Racing can as I'm toying with getting one for my S1000rr.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I really didn't think biking could get any better.

Mind me asking how you rate the build quality / finish on your Austin Racing can as I'm toying with getting one for my S1000rr.
                  It seems to be a popular choice amongst RSV4 owners in the UK. I got mine from their eBay listing a few weeks ago, it was ?430 including shipping for the GP Ultimate can with ti link pipe. I've had it out of the box to make sure it arrived safely and the quality and finish look great. Rich at AR is always quick to reply to e-mails and it was shipped quite quickly and was wrapped in plenty of Bubble Wrap.

The stock muffler sounds crazy enough as it is, so I don't know if I'm going to have early morning problems starting the bike with the AR on it. I wanted the GP2, which is a few dB quieter, whilst maintaining the same sound, but the price of the GP Ultimate on eBay was too difficult to resist compared to the price of the GP2.

Comment

loving the RSV4 MJ

Bit of an updat on my GSXR, had a full monty service, including brakes stripped cleaned and new pads fitted, venhill braided brake lines, plus a K&N airfilter, plus the following bits fitted as i'd been picking bits up here and there:

Carbon fibre hugger
                    Yoshimura Tri-Oval Can
                    Dunlop Sportsmart Sportmax tyres

I've also got a Powerbronze undertray to get painted, will look like this, but ignore the indicators in the rear cowling, i'll be using mini indicators and a slightly smaller number plate:

Doing a weekend around Scotland in June with a few pals, so i've been putting some miles in building my confidence, managed 3.5 hours the other day and the only pain was from my brand spanking new leathers pinching the back of my knees.. oooft it was smarting

to remedy that i've picked up some compression base layers from aldi, they have some decent gear this weekend, i found this on the gixxer forum i've been using, well worth 7.99 each!!.. http://aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/off...Thursday11.htm

anyway here's a udated pic for your perusal

Last edited by chojin; 10-03-2011, 13:51.

Comment

Last edited by charlesr; 10-03-2011, 17:10.

Comment

loving that Aprillia !! that bike looks bloody amazing !

have fun with it mate !!

Comment

Finally getting round to buying a bike. Have test driven a Honda Hornet and Ducati 696 yesterday. I was going to buy the ducati, but then today I got to test drive a Triumph Street Triple! Its only about 18 months old (I think) and with 1009 miles on the clock, looks like new. Only got to drive it round an industrial estate but could tell straight away that I needed to buy it, so Ive placed a deposit and all being well should complete the purchase next weekend. Really excited and looking forward to the spring and being able to have some fun on my first bike, will post a few pics when I get it

Comment

I fall in love with the RSV4 more with every ride. It has got a great engine and is a sweet running bike. I still haven't fitted the Austin Racing can yet, but don't think it will be long before I do now that I've got used to the stock sound, and am waiting for my R&G bits to arrive. I'm not sure I'm loving the 17 MPG though!

Comment

Originally posted by baad bwoy View Post
                              Finally getting round to buying a bike. Have test driven a Honda Hornet and Ducati 696 yesterday. I was going to buy the ducati, but then today I got to test drive a Triumph Street Triple! Its only about 18 months old (I think) and with 1009 miles on the clock, looks like new. Only got to drive it round an industrial estate but could tell straight away that I needed to buy it, so Ive placed a deposit and all being well should complete the purchase next weekend. Really excited and looking forward to the spring and being able to have some fun on my first bike, will post a few pics when I get it
                              You made the right choice, cracking bikes!.. Couple of lads at work have them and they rave about them.. I wanted to get the Daytona 675, but being a newbie thought better of it and i'll wait till i've gained my experience on the Gixer before I up the ante..

Comment

Originally posted by chojin View Post
                                You made the right choice, cracking bikes!.. Couple of lads at work have them and they rave about them.. I wanted to get the Daytona 675, but being a newbie thought better of it and i'll wait till i've gained my experience on the Gixer before I up the ante..
                                GSX is a really nice bike too, had earlier considered getting one of these. But insurance costs seemed very high. Think I will have to watch out on the street triple as with its low down torque, it encourages wheelying and stuff. Dont want to get into trouble with the law

Comment

Working...
                                X