Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was good mate! Flipping freezin' but really interesting and good fun - didn't get a chance to process any shots last night as I didn't get back until late, but I will probably do some tonight.

The set up was great: the singer in the band had designed the scene and they had a black backdrop using a wooden frame and some black fabric. But there was a gap in the middle of the frame into which they hinged a black door, which was half open with a 2 kilowatt light (covered with red gel) behind the door and flooding the floor and walls outside the door with this hellish red light.

The scene was devoid of natural light as we were in some arches below the railway lines in Southwark, London. As I mentioned before, the singer Marcus, his dad is a camera man so he provided the lighting. I also borrowed his massive tripod that was worth 3 1/2 grand! He's a documentary cameraman and he kinda took me under his wing a bit, guiding me through the process and helping me and the band set up the shots.

In addition to the 2K red light, we had a massive halogen lamp and about four small spotlights to give peoples faces a bit more definition.

I think we got some nice stuff out of the shoot which I will hopefully show you soon! All in all, I'm pretty damn chuffed with how it all went! Any questions or anything?!

[EDIT] HaHa - f*cking nice shots mate!
    Last edited by funkydan; 15-12-2008, 12:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
      Looks like you had good seats. Chris Pfiffer (however it's spelt - on the bike) is AMAZING isn't he. Coll shots
      Yeah was surprised how good they were. Right in front of the railings with no heads in the way.

Chris was great, too bad there wasnt a race between Hamilton and Hoy

Lol thanks guys

Comment

Where were they taken Haha?

Oh, and this shows some pretty good dedication to the hobby:

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
          Where were they taken Haha?
          Race of Champions at Wembley Stadium.

Comment

Some great shots in that set HaHa. Anyone know why Hoy didnt race Hamilton? I thought this was one of the big events: man vs machine.

Comment

Safety fears due to heavy rain and oil spills on the track winky.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair View Post
                Safety fears due to heavy rain and oil spills on the track winky.
                thats a shame, would have been quite interesting to see.

First shots with the MP-E65. Not an easy lens to use hoping they get better with time:

Comment

Originally posted by winky View Post
                  Not an easy lens to use hoping they get better with time
                  Indeed, I tried one (at a local Canon event) very tricky without a tripod. A lot of people use one with a focusing rail.

Comment

Shots from my shoot with the band My Preserver - Red Door set:

Just a few more here if you're interested

Comment

I agree with Alastair; spider is horrible! what size is that thing? it looks huge
                      He's a Chilean Rose, so has a leg span of around three to four inches.

Next time I'll try and get a close-up of him eating if I'm lucky enough to see that happen outside his burrow (I can't use flash at the same time as detail focus because my camera is wank) - he has black, shiny, hook-serrated fangs that would make an awesome pic. ><

I'm actually ****-scared of spiders, my brain doesn't register Tarantulas as spiders though for some reason.

Comment

Oh and here's some others that I took in the area where we were shooting:

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
                          I'm actually ****-scared of spiders, my brain doesn't register Tarantulas as spiders though for some reason.
                          Im sure that makes sense to you. too much WoW put me off spiders for life

Dan: great shots, really unique. Glad you enjoyed the session and got some top results out it.

Comment

Dan - liking the mono conversion of your shoot location. Looks like you coped well with lighting in there as well - nice work.

A couple from today..

Comment

Originally posted by funkydan View Post
                              Shots from my shoot with the band My Preserver - Red Door set:

Just a few more here if you're interested
                              Love the 4th shot, looks like something out of a comic book!

Comment

Dan: great shots, really unique. Glad you enjoyed the session and got some top results out it.
                                Thanks mate

Originally posted by Garf View Post
                                Dan - liking the mono conversion of your shoot location. Looks like you coped well with lighting in there as well - nice work.
                                Yeah thanks mate, I think my b+w shots are a lot stronger these days due to using filters and NOT taking shots using the camera's b+w settings! It was a lot of work to get the lighting (and everything else) just right so I'm also pretty pleased with the results.

Like the Pylon shot mate - very nice indeed!

Originally posted by Taka View Post
                                Love the 4th shot, looks like something out of a comic book!
                                The shadow shot right? It is a bit Frank Miller isn't it!

Comment

Working...
                                X