Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the advice, looking at a number of the models mentioned. Will probably be a partial Christmas present, so got a little bit of time to decide and to see if anything else appears on the market in the meantime.

Do most of you use Photoshop for processing RAW files, editing, etc, or are there other programs that perform similar functions I should be looking into?

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    So good you said it twice

There are some bridge cameras arriving now that offer 40x zoom - something you could in no way contemplate without a huge wallet on an SLR.
    Jesus! And I thought my 14x zoom Canon had a big camera boner.

Comment

Not to be outgunned, Canon have come out with a 50x zoom cam

In other news, finally won a round of the Amateur Photographer forum competition. Yay!

Comment

Originally posted by On The Edge of Insanity View Post
        Do most of you use Photoshop for processing RAW files, editing, etc, or are there other programs that perform similar functions I should be looking into?
        Generally my workflow is RAW to Adobe Lightroom , however most SLR's can do RAW + JPG at the same time if required. Personally I always do RAW myself as it gives you complete control to make adjustments afterwards. Donig RAW + JPG wont allow you to do any sort of continous shooting though uness you have a stupidly fast memory card.

RAW obviously comes at a price of less fps when in continous mode (depending on the camera + memory card). The other thing of course is with RAW you end up with silly file sizes but thats to be expected and with the prices of memory cards these days, even faster large capacity cards are reasonable.

Comment

In other news, finally won a round of the Amateur Photographer forum competition. Yay!
          Well done marty

Comment

Just got back from 2 weeks in Iceland with nearly 900 pics, havent hat time to view hardly any as yet but heres one i processed yesterday. Really pleased with it and loads more to come.

febr?ar by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr
            Last edited by fishbowlhead; 12-10-2012, 15:09.

Comment

3 or 4 seconds to work out what it was. Very nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                Just got back from 2 weeks in Iceland with nearly 900 pics, havent hat time to view hardly any as yet but heres one i processed yesterday. Really pleased with it and loads more to come.

febr?ar by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr
                You can't fail to take good photos in Iceland, I can't wait to go back again..
                Looking forward to seeing some more

Comment

Well done Marty

Comment

Thanks - we now have multiple winners in this thread

Comment

DSCF1478 by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

DSCF1155 by bigfishbowlhead, on Flickr

Comment

Thanks - we now have multiple winners in this thread
                        I'm still after a mug. Though I'd settle for first again!

Comment

The missus and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary yesterday so we went to our favourite "trendy" restaurant. It's one of those with dark lighting and retro atmosphere. I took a few shots with my phone while the missus popped to the ladies room.

Comment

Partly inspired by this thread, and also not owning a camera, I recently bought myself a Fuji Finepix F550 EXR (?130).

I still have'nt worked out about 80% of the features so it's early days, however I've been avidly taking a lot of (not very good) photo's.

This is the best of the bunch so far, although I did'nt set the light exposure properly.

Chester Cathedral.

Comment

Looks well enough exposed to me - it's always difficult when there are dark and light areas in the frame - and using a natural framing is a classic way of highlighting your subject.

Keep shooting

Comment

Originally posted by On The Edge of Insanity View Post
                                No SLR experience, but I'm always fiddling with the limited options on my compact and am keen to learn more, so am happy to read up on how to set them up, what different settings do, etc.
                                Did you get yourself a DSLR? Would be interested to see how you've gotten on.

Comment

Working...
                                X