No announcement yet.

LAME to FAME!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was forced to undertake weather girl Sian Lloyd on the M4 as she was hogging the middle lane in her Metro.
    Why would you need to undertake if she is in the middle lane??

Comment

My brother went to his ex-girlfriend's uncle's fortieth birthday party and Liz (the tall one with brown hair) from Blue Peter was there, she's the uncle's second cousin.

Comment

My mum's a friend of Stanley Kubrick's daughter. I actually went to their house once and briefly met Stan himself before being served a delicious lunch by his wife.

Richard of & Judy fame used to come into my video shop with his kids.

Clive Owen had a birthday party for his daughter at the cinema where I work. I was serving him coffee and only realised after they left that it was Clive Owen himself.

We've had a few charity events and Q&A session type things at my cinema where various actors/directors/misc were around.
        My friend didn't know who Victoria Wood was and told her that she would have to check the guestlist before letting her in, which was pretty funny afterwards (though not to Ms. Wood.)

I met Pierce Brosnan and Sophie Marceau on the set of The World Is Not Enough. Both absolutely lovely. The director was awesome too.
        Bizzarely enough, Walter Mosely was there, and I had a pretty decent chat with him. I don't know why all these people made their time for a dorky kid like I was, but they were very nice to me.

Had chats with various members of Radiohead, but that's another story.

I was assistant engineer on a metal band who had the guitarist from Hawkwind guesting. I sat and had a nice chat with him. Lovely bloke. Damn good guitarist.

There's a few others too, but they get increasingly lame, so I'll stop now.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101
          I sat on the same desk to sit my theory driving test as Maureen Rees from BBC's Driving School (desk No. 13 if you're that interested).
          One of my mates from uni sat his theory test at the same time as her too

A few from me which get increasingly tenuous:

Anil Kumble (one of India's all-time great cricketers) had dinner at my house about 10 years ago.

Out of the blue, Fidel Castro Jr. (son of Fidel Castro) visited our lab earlier this year, and went around chatting to us about our projects.

My mum cooked a lunch for Ravi Shankar during a recent UK tour. he liked it so much he asked her to cook dinner for the next two days and to make some snacks to munch for when they're on the road.

A mate of mine who lives in Florida used to work in a video-rental place which was frequented by tennis player Mark Philippoussis.

I knew someone at uni who used to live in the same street as the Neville brothers and played footy with them in the back yard when they were kids.

Comment

Originally posted by chosen_one666
            My mate is the cousin of the singer from Lostprophets.

Apparently.
            One of my friends back home's sister went out with Ian Watkins (singer of Lostprophets) for a while when they were still on their first album touring that.

Comment

Sat next to Paul Weller in the Pizza Express on Abbey Road , St.John's Wood.
              Saw Nigella Lawson and her Saatchi sugar daddy in Selfridges.
              Saw Ken Livingstone shopping at the Swiss Cottage Waitrose. A few times actually, the poor sod must have been inundated with moans about the congestion charge.
              Jimmmy Savile visted my school in about '88. We were mesmerised by his Bentley and 18ct Rolex Day-Date

Comment

Originally posted by IanE
                One of my friends back home's sister went out with Ian Watkins (singer of Lostprophets) for a while when they were still on their first album touring that.
                When I worked at Club Metropolitan in Cardiff circa 1997-8 they all used to come in there. Nice lads, too.

Comment

By the way - did anyone listen to Radio 1 yesterday evening? I am talking about Scott Mills. He did a "lame claim to fame" theme on his phone in - could it be that someone on his production team reads these forums? Can't believe he has been biting my ideas! Oh, and just for the record - Mills claims to be from Southampton, when in fact he is from Hedge End, which is technically Eastleigh, and is full of stuck up, weirdo inbreds and massive superstores and industrial estates.

Comment

Poodle haired rocker Dave Mustaine formally of Metallica and frontman of Megadeth gave me one of his guitar picks at a club in wolverhampton in '96.
                    They were ****, I lost the plectrum.

Comment

My work colleagues mate's wife was in The Sun this week as one half of a pair of twins that were boned by Chico from the XFactor.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnakai
                        My mum's a friend of Stanley Kubrick's daughter. I actually went to their house once and briefly met Stan himself before being served a delicious lunch by his wife.
                        That's amazing! I'm pretty jealous.

Comment

I saw Roy Walker at the bar when I was pissed up in Lytham St Annes (near Blackpool) about 6 years ago, went up to him and said "It's good but it's not right" in a **** irish accent.

He just took a sip of his drink, slowly turned to me and said "**** Off"
                          Last edited by disckobox; 27-10-2005, 10:37.

Comment

Roy Walker

Comment

I was in Kuti's Brasserie in Southampton, and some pissed up bloke staggered over to a table where Shane Warne was eating his meal and asked him to sign a napkin. Warney glanced down at the curry he was half way through, then looked at the bloke and said calmly: "**** off, son".

(adopts Adam Gilchrist gutteral, whiney voice)

"Awwwww - that's noooooooooice, Shane!"

Comment

I met little known Disney club presenter Paul Hendy when he came to my secondary school to open our summer fate. He gave me a disney club badge.

Comment

Working...
                                X