No announcement yet.

The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good call with the pizza, I have just got back from the supermarket with wine and pizza for tonights fight. Gutted I missed You've Been Framed Though

Comment

Amazing fight, rounds six and seven, pure class.

Comment

Uch I forgot about this and turned it over just as the match was won!

Comment

Khan was very cocky but came through good in the end, will give him something to think about in coming weeks

Comment

bugger and I was hoping Khan would get beat as I think he is a little too cocky (have actually met him too)

Fair play to him though he did come back well from the knockdown but I would have liked to see it go further

Comment

I have to say I found the commentary & Khan-centric nature of the fight a bit off - Some of the comments were borderline xenophobic and reminded me of that horrendous channel5 football commentator of past.

Great fight though - Linman had his chance but he didn't capitalise enough - he really needed to just throw everything at Khan after he downed him but I think he was trying to play the endurance game which proved costly.

Can't believe he got up & kept going with a broken jaw & nose though - John Smeaton would've been proud and kudos to Khan for coming back like that it was a very impressive performance and once he had Linman down you could see it was next to done.

Khan will have to work very hard now if he doesn't want to be the next Audley Harrison.

And did anybody hear him being interviewed ringside by Jim Rosenthal after the fight ? Somebody needs to youtube that with one of those little counters pipping up every time he says "know what I mean" - It appeared to be the cornerstone of his vocabulary.

Comment

What? You compare Khan to Audley Harrison?????????

Comment

Shame Cook lost, the Skelton/Sprott fight - what a bore - can't see either of those getting a title fight after their shocking performances.

Was good to see highlights of the Hatton fight again, cracking performance and really good to see such a British following over there in Las Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by burntoutbanger View Post
                    What? You compare Khan to Audley Harrison?????????
                    No that's not what I said at all.

Comment

Saw Skelton Sprott. Sucked ass. Luckily Bravo had UFC on afterward.

Comment

I can't believe ITV haven't got the long awaited unification bout between Joe Calzaghe and Mikkel Kessler. They've got a deal to show Amir Khan's next 7 fights but aren't bothering with the best fighter in Britain fighting in the biggest fight held in this country for years. Warren himself said it will be the biggest fight he's ever staged (2 undefeated world champions fighting for 3 titles).

ITV have got their priorities wrong. Khan's a prospect who may yet get exposed, Calzaghe and Kessler are already major fighters on the world stage.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
                          the Skelton/Sprott fight - what a bore - can't see either of those getting a title fight after their shocking performances.
                          Oh, one of them will blag a title shot, for sure. Just expect any one of the current Heavyweight World Champions to comfortably stop or knockout either one, that's all.

British Heavyweight Boxing - what a fecking shambles.

As for Amir, great heart, tenacity, etc. But if Frank Warren and Amir's team needed any proof that he simply isn't ready for a world title challenge yet, then last night provided it. If that had been a seasoned champ, Amir probably wouldn't have got up.

Comment

Did anyone see the Cintron - Matthysse fight on Sky?

The knockout was pretty brutal, left hand sent Matthysse head one way where it was met by Cintron's right hand to send it back where it had come from as he slumped to the canvas.

Can't find a decent video on Youtube, but I'm sure something will emerge in the next couple of days.

Comment

Bloody hell!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

That looked like it stung a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by djjimbob View Post
                                Bloody hell!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

That looked like it stung a bit.

Now thats a KO !

Comment

Working...
                                X