No announcement yet.

The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus nearly took his head clean off - total annihilation.

Comment

Yeah that was vicious, first time I've seen it, thanks for the link.

Comment

It's been confirmed that Ricky Hatton will fight Floyd Mayweather the best pound for pound fighter in the world.

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Considering how this is biggest fight a Britain's been involved in for a very long time I'm surprised at how little publicity there is. Is coverage of boxing here just really bad or is boxing dying? Is Floyd Mayweather even that well known in this country?

Comment

Radio fivelive has been mentioning it a lot this evening. I can't wait wait for the fight, be surprised and very impressed if hatton won though.

Comment

Can't wait either think it's 50/50 who'll win, going to be a cracker whoever wins

But .. bet it's on pesky Sky not ITV

Comment

It will be on Sky Box Office for certain

Comment

Going to have a total media blackout on the day and download it via torrent, I ain't paying to see a 1st round knock out!

Comment

might be wrong but think Setanta have Hatton signed up on a non PPV contract so all Setanta subs will see it.

great match, Mayweather is a real technician but not a KO puncher or crowd pleaser at all, he may be too smart to get dragged nto a brawl that would suit Hatton.

its just like Leonard v Duran in that respect and their fights went one each way.

tough to call but if Mayweather fights smart Hatton will have a hard time getting near him and could get picked off and cut up.

Comment

One of the fights of the year tomorrow night

Calzaghe vs Kessler (live on Satanta) both have a couple of belts and are undefeated in approx 40 fights a piece.

Fancy Joe to finish him off in about the sixth.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
                      One of the fights of the year tomorrow night

Calzaghe vs Kessler (live on Satanta) both have a couple of belts and are undefeated in approx 40 fights a piece.

Fancy Joe to finish him off in about the sixth.
                      Can't see that scenario, personally.

I do believe Joe will probably win it on points though - Kessler is a far more dangerous proposition than Jeff Lacy and I'll be very surprised if Joe allows himself to be dragged into a war - but you never know!

Comment

What a fight! I had it 116-112 for Calzaghe but Kessler showed great heart and did look particularly dangerous himself catching Calzaghe with a couple of uppercuts.

Comment

I hope he gets some proper recognition now. Some of the boxing journalists are even calling Joe the best British fighter of all time now. It's just a shame it wasn't on ITV where he could have got the largest possible audience.

Comment

I found a torrent, but can't download until I upload 5g on this web site

Arrggghhh

Comment

Originally posted by Shoju View Post
                              I hope he gets some proper recognition now. Some of the boxing journalists are even calling Joe the best British fighter of all time now. It's just a shame it wasn't on ITV where he could have got the largest possible audience.
                              Good all round performance from JC, result was never in any doubt really.

The fight was shown live in the USA so guarantees him some serious millions for next years fights

Comment

The Calzaghe Kessler fight's being replayed on BBC tomorrow at 13:10. I wonder who he's gonna fight next: Hopkins, Kelly Pavlik, Winky Wright or Chad Dawson?

Another potential opponent Carl Froch is on tonight though I doubt he'd interest Calzaghe even if he beats Robin Reid emphatically.

Comment

Working...
                                X