No announcement yet.

The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More titles made their way into British hands tonight, David Haye came back from a fourth round knockdown to score a 7th round knockout of Jean Marc Mormeck claiming the WBC and WBA Cruiserweight titles, quite alot of success for british fighters lately, hoping Hatton can keep the momentum going next.

Comment

That makes it 3 Ring champions for us and the Ring belt only goes to the undisputed no 1 of a division. I think America is the only other country with 3. The lightweight division is the next one to try and take over as some of our best prospects are there.

Was the Haye Mormeck fight on TV? I couldn't see it on the listings for ITV, Sky Sports or Sentanta.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoju View Post
        That makes it 3 Ring champions for us and the Ring belt only goes to the undisputed no 1 of a division. I think America is the only other country with 3. The lightweight division is the next one to try and take over as some of our best prospects are there.

Was the Haye Mormeck fight on TV? I couldn't see it on the listings for ITV, Sky Sports or Sentanta.
        it was on setanta, the repeat has just been on aswell.
        keep a look out as it will be repeated again and again knowing setanta

Comment

Fight of the year on Saturday, Hatton vs Mayweather, so want Hatton to wipe the smile of his smirky face, more I see of Mayweather the more I was to see hit flat on his back. Didn't realise until couple of days back how much he is disliked over there, never misses a chance to shoot his gob off etc, sure he's a great fighter, but doesn't have the personality to match.

Fight is fifteen quid on Sky Box Office.

Oh and Khan is fighting on ITV1 on Saturday also.

Comment

As Ricky is a Manchester lad the regional news programmes are doing extra reports on him in Vegas which is great to see and I`m so looking forward to this fight.

I like the fact that in all the bull**** press conferences where Mayweather was talking nonsense, Ricky wasn`t rising to it and we staying cool. Now were days from the fight and it`s time for action, Ricky isn`t affraid of telling the public or Mayweather for that matter how he`s going to smash his face in.

Regardless of what happens at the weekend and the fact he`s a city fan, Ricky is a legend.

Comment

BBC reckon this one doesn't kick off until 4:00am!!11!

Comment

Yep 4am start.

Comment

I inexplicably had a dream about this fight last night. Hatton was all over the place in round 11.

In all seriousness it'd be great if he won, everything I hear of Mayweather points to him being a prick. This of course is probably all down to the UK press but anyhoo...

Comment

Amidst of all the Hatton/Mayweather hype, Matt Skelton has been handed a world title shot against WBA World Heavyweight champ Ruslan Chagaev.

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Considering that Chagaev took Michael Sprott out in eight rounds last year, I'd personally back him to stop Skelton in four rounds or less, tbh.

As for the "date of destiny" in Las Vegas? While Hatton will always have a chance given his punching power and manic work-rate, Mayweather's been far too canny to get involved in wars with his opponents (check his last several fights) and I don't see him reversing that trend anytime soon. I also think that the "Pretty Boy" has fought more similar (if inferior) fighters to Hatton than vice-versa - Baldomir, Judah, Gatti, etc.

Easy or hard way, I'm going for a Mayweather win on points - too fast, too skilled, too smart. Though I won't be too displeased if I'm proven wrong!
                    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 06-12-2007, 17:46.

Comment

I walked the past the bookies yesterday and was very tempted to put a fiver on Hatton to win in the sixth. I have no idea why though.

Comment

Hattons got a mean look about him.

Comment

Yeah he does look more fired up than ever before, think you'll get decent odds on a Hatton victory of any kind. Mayweather seems to be the heavy favourite with the bookies.

Comment

Originally posted by Nembot View Post
                            As Ricky is a Manchester lad [naturally] he`s a city fan,
                            Well, of course

Comment

Wicked interview with Hatton on Radio 4 this morning (yeah I know).. Where he started referring to himself in the 3rd person. Very funny.

Good luck to him though..

Comment

What are the latest odds for Hatton to win by any chance?

I hate to say this but Mayweather is a US version of Naz but at least he can really back it all up though...

Comment

Working...
                                X