The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious he fights like naz?

Im not even sure I've seen a full mayweather fight to be honest.

Comment

I think he means in terms of his personality. Not fighting style.

Comment

Personally i also see the comparisons between Naz and Mayweather personality wise, they are/were at the top of the pile boxing wise.

Despite what Naz is like now back in the day he was top of the world, that is until he stepped in the ring and underestimated Marco Antonio Barrera and subsequently got his arse handed to him.

HOPEFULLY Mayweather does the same thing with Hatton and we can all get what we want and see Hatton destroy him.

Comment

Naz went downhill as soon as he split with Brendon Ingle.

Comment

Haha, from Naz's Wikipedia

He is known for his crap driving skills...

Comment

Originally posted by Ajay1986 View Post
              Personally i also see the comparisons between Naz and Mayweather personality wise, they are/were at the top of the pile boxing wise.
              The big, BIG difference is that Mayweather has been in FAR more championship fights than Hamed ever was, and he has fought a FAR better calibre of fighter for a FAR longer period of time. Say what you like about "Pretty Boy Floyd" in terms of his attitude, but he's earned the right to talk the talk.

After fighting a plethora of has-beens, never-weres and never, ever would-be's, Barrera was the very first world-class boxer to ask serious questions of Hamed, and guess what? Hamed was exposed for the second-rate pretender that he was. Even if he had prepared properly, Barrera would have still beaten him.

In fact, Hamed was incredibly lucky that Barrera didn't stop him that night.
              Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 07-12-2007, 18:23.

Comment

When this fight was first announced I thought it was definitely Mayweather's but now after seeing all the build up I'm going for Hatton. I see it playing out as a mix between Mayweather-Castillo I and Hatton-Tszyu.

Comment

I'm so pumped for tonights fight. I'm going to be dead to the world come tomo but im sure its going to be worth it. Come on Hatton!

Check this video out. Gave me goosebumps.
                  Floyd Mayweather Jr. & Ricky Hatton weigh-in for their December 8th "Undefeated" showdown at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas

Comment

Originally posted by James Mc Fadden View Post
                    Check this video out. Gave me goosebumps.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PweMADtEmWI
                    The weigh in was absolutely awsome, I don`t know what the Americans would`ve made of what was going on there and for the first time the "Pretty Boy" didn`t have alot to say, not that anyone would hear him anyway.

I don`t think I`ve every looked forward to a fight as much as I`m looking forward to this one. The lad had Hyde, Manchester, England, the World and NTSC-UK in his corner, he looks so focussed on Mayweather`s destruction I think this fight is going to be one the best in history.

"Good luck, Ricky! We are all behind you fella, now LET`S ****ING AV IM!!!!"

Comment

Mayweather might be a talker but the guy can fight. I watched highlights of his fight against Gatti and he absolutely tore him apart. I want Hatton to win but to underestimate the quality of Mayweather would be stupid.

Comment

I watched highlights of his fight against Gatti and he absolutely tore him apart
                        Quoted for truth!!

I saw the same program Ezee, he made Gatti look like an amateur. I don't think Floyd missed a punch, so precise but powerful as well.

It will be close, i just hope Hatton shows what he can do. He's got the support of the entire world by the looks of things.

I just need to find a mate who has got SKY, maybe pubs will be showing it, 24 hr drinking and all that!

Comment

Yeah, I think at the end of one round Gatti didn't know where his corner was and this a quality boxer we are talking about here. Mayweather was just landing punch after punch and we are talking full on blows here, it was like watching a dummy get punched.

Comment

is this only on sky BO? Is it on anywhere else? Online?

Comment

will be supporting mayweather myself!

Comment

I spent £20 on various bets on Hatton to win tonight.

Best odds are Hatton to win via points at 7-1 and Hatton to stop Mayweather in rounds 9, 10, 11 and 12 at 40-1!

Bring it on tonight!!!

btw, anyone seen this yet? Karina looks sooo hot!!!

Cha-Cha. Skirt slips at 0:58 Beautiful girl and dancer, great movement, too much for any skirt! She's a 10. Dancing with the Stars. First week Fall 2007. Kar...

Comment

Working...
                                X