Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Witter fight is on ITV1 in a minute

Comment

Just caught the end of it(In the name of Jesus) lol, and then watched the froch fight.

Comment

Very strange fight from Witter, thought he deserved to lose his title.

Comment

Yes..I agree...Witter got it totally wrong. Froch looked good.

Comment

I agree with previous comments, Witter was poor and certainly deserved to lose the fight. That was a pretty fierce right hook that took him down and it was sloppy to have left his chin up high and stance forward. Froch was a good fighter and dismantled the poor polish bloke, though I have to agree with the commentary that he would simply be outclassed if he tried to showboat against the likes of Calzaghe.

Comment

It would appear that enough is enough for Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

Comment

He's said it enough times but if he's really retiring then fair enough. I have absolutely no interest in another De La Hoya fight but it'll be a real shame not to see him take on Cotto after the Margarito fight.

Comment

Originally posted by aubtin View Post
                  He's said it enough times but if he's really retiring then fair enough. I have absolutely no interest in another De La Hoya fight but it'll be a real shame not to see him take on Cotto after the Margarito fight.
                  I agree. If he is gonna go back on his word yet again, it has to be to fight either Cotto or Margarito.

Like yourself, I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in Mayweather-De La Hoya II, or Mayweather-Hatton II for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                    or Mayweather-Hatton II for that matter.
                    Agreed. Hatton should see out his career at what's now a bit of a weak light-welterweight division. And he may not have impressed in the rematch with N'Dou but a Hatton-Malignaggi fight is still an exciting prospect to me.

Comment

Originally posted by aubtin View Post
                      Agreed. Hatton should see out his career at what's now a bit of a weak light-welterweight division.
                      Is correct. I feel that Hatton is arriving at the point where he might just be starting to decline, but I still feel that he has enough to unify the light-welterweight division, and that would be a fine achievement to call it a day on. Malignaggi is a defensive fighter who's hard to pin down, but Hatton should be able to take him on points.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                        I feel that Hatton is arriving at the point where he might just be starting to decline, but I still feel that he has enough to unify the light-welterweight division, and that would be a fine achievement to call it a day on.
                        Yep, again I totally agree. Hatton was getting caught a bit too much on the way in against Lazcano, and if he's getting hit that much by someone of Lazcano's hand speed then he's sure to get caught a few times by Malignaggi. That's what makes it an interesting fight. But as you say he's still more than capable of putting a seal on the division then calling it a day.

Comment

Talk in the papers about Hatton - De La Hoya. Yawn.

In other news I though Kelly Pavlik was awesome the other night, completely battered the lad from the get go. Haven't seen power head punching like that for a long time.

Comment

Well now Mayweather has retired (again) Hatton is going to want a couple of big pay-days if possible before calling it a day, De La Hoya though like you say, yawn.

I watched UFC 85 on Setanta on Saturday, one of the guys on there was an ex-boxer - first time I've ever seen a fight finished by punches alone.

Comment

It was quite an awsome weekend for boxing, lots of upsets and KO's, I had a nice wager on Sergio Mora by Decision, about 6-1 odds, also the De Leon v Lopez was was a cracker, awsome performance from Lopez, also there was the 1st round KO of Quintana which I dont think anyone expected to happen.

For those that didn't see:

Quintana vs Williams Rematch

Lopez vs De Leon
                              Last edited by mikewl; 10-06-2008, 09:26.

Comment

Cracking fight last night between Kham & Gomez. Gomez must have balls of steel, kept coming back for more time and time again. Good to see Khan on the canvas, won't do him any harm bringing him down a peg or two.

Thought the ref stopped it a bit early.

Comment

Working...
                                X