No announcement yet.

The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, so it's just a rumour/hype for Holyfields new book ...

Holyfield told the Guardian newspaper that Tyson had approached him through a third party about a rematch.
    BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

Macanelli (sp) Vs Haye Live on Setanta in a little while.

And just seen an advert on Eurosport for a Herbie Hide fight live on Tuesday, though he'd hung up his gloves years back.

Comment

When I read your post I thought yes and then checked and it's 2 or 3 in the morning until they fight. Why do they fight so late? Thats like bed time.

Comment

Macca blown out in the second round!

Comment

Originally posted by Pilotwings View Post
            When I read your post I thought yes and then checked and it's 2 or 3 in the morning until they fight. Why do they fight so late? Thats like bed time.
            Warren's got to please the Americans and Showtime.

Huge right hands by Haye, the man hits so hard for cruiserweight. With his hand speed and foot work he could be really dangerous at heavyweight too.

Comment

Sorry yeah I didn't realise it was on at 2am, Setanta started the "lead up" at about 9.30.

Stonking finish yes, should line him up for a decent pay packet now

Comment

Haye should kill all of the very average eastern european heavyweights (and Hasim Rahman) without any trouble at all. Klitchko must be ****ting his pants at the moment, as the Hayemaker is coming for you, bitch.

Comment

excellent stuff from the Hayemaker, thats one carfully promoted hand fed Welshman taken down, here's hoping Bernard hopkins can do the same to Calzaghe.

can't help but feel that Calazaghe will beat the 40y old though and retire unbeaten claiming himself to be an all time great (whilst in reality for the main beating a succession of over the hill names at the right time).

Comment

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

my intense dislike of this man grows every time he opens his stupid yap.

Comment

Just a heads up regarding tonights action, Clinton Woods v Antonio Tarver and Miguel Cotto v Alfonso Gomez, two cracking fights, the only thing that im hoping is they dont clash time wise, one is Sky Sports the other Setanta.

Comment

Thanks, Gomez from The Contender yeah.

Comment

Shame Alfonso got his ass whipped, he's my favourite character from all the Contender shows.

Setanta have the Calzaghe fight live, can't see him losing, first couple of rounds should be entertaining but then expect Calzaghe to run rings around him.

Hopkins has nothing to lose, where Calzaghe does.

Comment

surprised at the odds for this, Hopkins is at 3:65 on betfair with Calzaghe at 1.44, seems quite generous on Hopkins in a 2 horse race.

Comment

True, one good punch and the win could be his afterall.

Still doesn't quite top the 42-1 for Buster Forgethissurname to beat an undefeated Tyson in Japan back in the nineties

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post

Setanta have the Calzaghe fight live, can't see him losing, first couple of rounds should be entertaining but then expect Calzaghe to run rings around him.
                                This time a few weeks/months ago, I'd have gone for a Joe Calzaghe win over Bernard Hopkins without hesitation. Now, I honestly wonder.

Admittedly, the evidence points to a Calzaghe win, but this is a fight that Hopkins can win. He'll look to make it a scrappy, cagey affair and tie Calzaghe up at every opportunity and attempt to make him miss his punches and waste his energy, whilst performing the classic Vegas trick of performing his best punching work in the last half/third of each round to catch the eyes of the judges. Lest we forget, Chris Eubank, Robin Reid & Salko Bika have all shown in the past that Calzaghe can be made to look awful against defensive fighters who force him to fight on the inside.

Also, let's not kid ourselves - if this goes the distance, Calzaghe will have to at least drop Hopkins once (if not KO/TKO him, obviously) to get the decision in a Vegas fight judged (most likely) by US judges. Calzaghe's notoriously bad hands mean that his days as a one-hit KO fighter have long gone - he hasn't knocked anybody out for a good few years now. Can anybody seriously see him doing this to arguably the modern fight game's best defensive fighter this side of Floyd Mayweather Jr.?
                                Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 18-04-2008, 18:32.

Comment

Working...
                                X