Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Relationship Thread-Good, Bad or Indifferent.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She was pretty sweet at the start but that soon faded.

Comment

Did she keep you up all night?

Comment

Only by messing with my head. Such euphoric highs, and such dark lows. Then people started telling me more than 5 times a day just wasn't good for me...

Comment

So back to real life. The girl I'd vaguely been pursuing for most of the last year just sent me the "sorry if I lead you on" text. I'd gotten rumours this week that she was dating someone at her other work which left me confused and a little annoyed. So far I'm 0 for 3 and once again back to wondering why I'm still in this ****ing country. Not that it really makes a difference which country I'm in.
          That's all for emo outbursts tonight.

On another note, I do start uni courses in May so the number of people I'll be meeting will increase dramatically. I can only be positive about that. I want to be positive about that anyway, in reality I'll be getting little sleep (I work nights and then have school in the day) and I'll be in classes with mainly 20 year old students. I'm 30. I can do the math and it's more than a little creepy.

Oh and one of my work friends was telling me how sleazy my ex-wife's photographer boyfriend is. She made that bed and she can ****ing sleep in it.

Comment

You really should go back to japan Steven, dont think ive ever heard you happy except when you tell me stories of your time out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kryss View Post
              I'll be in classes with mainly 20 year old students. I'm 30. I can do the math and it's more than a little creepy.
              That age gap doesnt sound so bad, as long as it doesnt come with an obsession for Lady Gaga & all that bollox. You're only as old as the woman you FEEL mate

Oh and one of my work friends was telling me how sleazy my ex-wife's photographer boyfriend is. She made that bed and she can ****ing sleep in it.
              I felt like that too since she made that choice. I found out later she met another guy & was being knocked about by her new fella. No one deserves that imo.

Comment

Cough my missus is 21

And I'm well a little older

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                  Cough my missus is 21

And I'm well a little older
                  You see, theres nothing wrong with it Kryss.

............however if it was a 30 yr old woman dating a 20 yr old guy then its disgusting & shouldnt be allowed

Comment

Same here, my missus is 21 and I'm nearly 28.
                    I do look rather young though

Comment

Alan talking about his girlfriend being 14 years younger than him

So a lot of this with you guys then? haha

Comment

I'm 40 and we have a daughter together lol

Comment

Age doesn't matter if you have that connection between you

Comment

I dont think age has anything to do with it, if 2 people like each other and get on that's all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
                              I felt like that too since she made that choice. I found out later she met another guy & was being knocked about by her new fella. No one deserves that imo.
                              No matter how much she hurt me, if he was violent towards her I would put him in his place. But I think her mum would be in there first, then her dad and then me.
                              What this guy is basically doing is trying to get women to do photoshoots with him, and when they turn him down he posts the whole thing to Facebook and all his friend ridicule them. Proper childish.

I guess it really is about how people connect, I've just never dated anyone more than 8 months younger than me. I've not exactly been around the block many times either, so I guess these things kind of balance. I'm just well past pubs and clubs, and I've been off the sauce for over 9 months now. I get tempted to go back on it every once in a while (usually when I'm in work/just finished work/on a night off).

Pikate, what was the age difference between you and your ex?

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                                I'm 40 and we have a daughter together lol
                                So if your daughter is more than 1 year old she's closer to your wife/girlfriend's age than you are?

Not that I'm judging Buster, you seem cool and are in the navy (IIRC) so I'm guessing you're fit and active and full of energy and a good dad etc... A much better choice than if your wife/girlfriend decided to have a child with some of the clowns my age.

Pikate, what was the age difference between you and your ex?
                                I'm the same age as Buster's WAG (21), but the thought of settling down/kids scares me so I guess I personally just tend to avoid older men. My first boyfriend proposed to me at my 20th birthday party in front of all my family and friends (he was 25 and we'd been together 2 or 3 years) but it was still really embarrassing having to say no and then it was obvious we weren't looking for the same thing so it ended that night and we never saw each other again although later on he would call and call and wouldn't let it go which made me feel awful. In the end I went to go spend the summer with my aunt in Cardiff and met a professional rugby player who was the same age as my ex, but the exact opposite and (I realised by the end) a complete tool so I'm off men for the foreseeable future I think.

Which I think is what you should do Kryss, from your "don't know why I'm in this country" comment it sounds a bit like you're unhappy? I think the best thing for anyone to do is be completely happy on their own and then when you meet someone special, they enhance your life and put you on a cloud. I think when we try make things happen we sometimes get fixated on a "dream" and ignore the reality (arguments, belittling, cruelty) that a relationship with that person actually entails.

Just my thoughts, regardless of what happens (to quote my fave TV show): Bitches be crazy, we got your back your back Jack
                                Last edited by Pikate; 14-04-2012, 15:43.

Comment

Working...
                                X