• Time
  • Show
Clear All

but changin rooms dont use plastic figures on shelves

they use colour in other ways.

maybe you should get a shed for ur toys

Comment

Originally posted by John Beaulieu View Post

Looks rubbish to me, I'd struggle for a place to put it in really.

I like cool functional things mainly, like Fatboys and TVs, not stuff that just sits there (especially if they're pricey).

Comment

Originally posted by Minx68 View Post
        ok....the "fairer sex" friend (thanx for that john) really dont understand the whole guys obsessed wit toys thing....kinda think its a waste of money...just to have sum plastic figure on some shelf. kinda like the 40 yr old virgin type thing. no offence ppl. see the interest in some toys...just not these!
        Just remember this when t'other way around comes about, that 'nice' arnamount or whatever 'nice' thing you want to stick in front of the TV.

Cool stuff? R/C, the DIY kits are ace. Then there's stupid things like the R/C Dalek and some bits of Lego, technique stuff especially. That's just my bit though, there's all kinds of 'junk' littered around that's most certainly very cool. The R/C car don't half shift, max speed ~25mph. It's also not finished, needs the spoiler and a few other bits. The photos don't do the colour/body justice though, it's super-metallic-shiny and very deep unless the light catches it where you can see the lighter shade/metallic effect.
        Attached Files

Comment

Dust collectors?! o.o

Comment

Teh lego battle droid 'cos I could only attach 3 photos.
            Attached Files

Comment

commander dude...i aint into ornament things either...waste of money n just look stupid. alls they do is collect dust

Comment

They you're not really a girl... or maybe you're a girl now and didn't used to be I think most of us know what John is into

Comment

i fink its more the older woman who likes ornaments n stuff....display plates n pots. n i am female n always have been thank you very much. just i guess not the typical materialistic type!

Comment

Looks rubbish to me, I'd struggle for a place to put it in really.

I like cool functional things mainly, like Fatboys and TVs, not stuff that just sits there (especially if they're pricey).
                    Curiously enough, my tv just 'sits there' and that was pretty pricey ... but thats just being argumentative for the sake of it

My original idea was to have all my av equipment on show and nothing else but after a lot of thought on the matter I realised that would be bloody boring ... so I now am going to have a couple of maquettes which are offset into some floating shelves with a bit of backlighting, it breaks up the sterility of the room without going ott.

Miss Minx's ideal room.....

Comment

my ideal room would be nothin like that

lots of fun, just not wit kids toys hangin around

kinda more sophisticated

Comment

But a TV is functional, it does something. Figures just stand there doing nothing but being a waste of money. They might look alright to one person (i.e. you), but unlike a painting or something decorative, won't look very good to anyone else.

Comment

ian got the right idea!!!!!!!

not such a big kid!

Comment

*doesn't decorate his house for other people* :P

Comment

I'd rather live somewhere that I didn't feel embarrassed to live in when having guests around, especially if on business.

Comment

Ian - all aspects of art are subjective to individual tastes, who is to say that a painting that you have on your wall will look better to other people than maquettes i have placed on shelves along my walls?

you are saying "the figures just sit there doing nothing" - what exactly does a painting do? Why can a figurine of any nature not be judged as decorative?

*doesn't decorate his house for other people*
                                spot on ......

Comment

Working...
                                X