Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This needs your attention if you're serious about fine snacks! (twiglet related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do like those penn state sour cream and chive pretzels or whatever the hell flavour they are, I can demolish a bag in no time. Straight salted prezels aren't bad with a beer either, my mate bought some jumbo ones the other day, they do a great job of drying your mouth right out, but theres something strangely addictive about them. Remember those egg yolk glazed snacks you used to get at christmas, hah.

... and those chocolate covered ones, not bad I guess, but so wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
      I consulted my street contacts last night, and I think I might have identified these mystery giant corn snacks. I am getting the name "Jumbo Jims". Sound familiar Steve?
      Seany you legend, that's them!!

Even with the name, the only sniff of them on the net is some comments on the 'Pickled Onion Crisp Appreciation' bebo page http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=4564875036

Comment

Been down in Dorset to see my folks and nabbed some Jack & Ollies, which are made in the town where they live. Gorgonzola & Red Onion is my favourite of theirs, but they've just brought out Thai 7 Spice flavour which I had to sample - it's goooood.

While I'm here, thought I would raise the topic of foreign crisps - I love 'em. Crazy flavours, massive bags, weirdo textures...mmmm.

Couldn't resist but post this pic of a bag I had in Lapland a few years ago - they were tasty

Comment

Here's a good shout for you - anyone ever had those crisps abroad which texture wise, shape etc are exactly the same as Wotsits, but they are peanut flavour? With beer, it is like having a big bag of monkey nuts you don't have to shell. Amazing scenes.

Comment

Those are well popular in Europe and are called "Flips." They are made by a company called Zweifel - damn the Walkers monopoly on snacks in the UK!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
              Here's a good shout for you - anyone ever had those crisps abroad which texture wise, shape etc are exactly the same as Wotsits, but they are peanut flavour? With beer, it is like having a big bag of monkey nuts you don't have to shell. Amazing scenes.
              Yes, unfortunately (I hate nuts and nut flavoured things). Picked up a big bag in Austria as a kid exepcting them to be cheesy, and nearly threw up at the disgusting taste in my mouth. Luckily, I also had a packet of paprika Pom Bear to sort me out.

Comment

I'm going to San Francisco in september. Last time I was there I saw alll sorts of amazing salty snacks. Much to my amusement I also found a milkshake called 'Milk Chug'

Comment

pom bear are wicked, so light and crispy

Comment

The ORIGINAL & BEST!

AMEN!

Attached Files

Comment

I had some beef Discos yesterday (At the beach! We froze...). They're still really nice. Discos in general have held themselves up well over the years.

I do mourn the old Ringos though, before they were 'new and improved'. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
                        The ORIGINAL & BEST!

AMEN!

I bet you just posted those to redeem yourself from the girlsnack fiasco

Comment

Just about to tuck into a couple of bags of McCoy's myself, bag of Chicken Curry & bag of Chicken Wings flavour. I must be the only person at work with a "crisp drawer", it currently contains eight bags of goodness. How jealous are you lot eh.

Comment

I had some cheese and onion discos, cheese and onion mini chedders and nice 'n' spicy nic nacs. Wasn't going to have that much today but it's compensation for the overall ****ness of a monday.

Comment

112's McCoys post is the same as a closet homosexual posting a picture of a hot woman. A'int gonna fool us, in other words. We know he would rather eat those polystyrene snack things, or them with the adverts with Fern Britton in.

Comment

Massive respec' to Holliss who posted me two packs of Tomato Sauce crisps!! They arrived yesterday, had one last night watching the footy and save the other for work today. Am pleased to report they are just as good as I remember. I just hope that Lineker will start making them more easily available in my manor.

Comment

Working...
                                X