Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This needs your attention if you're serious about fine snacks! (twiglet related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost five months and no-one's posted about crisps, what is the world coming to ... I have a new favourite in the crisps stakes. McCoys T-Bone Steak & Onion, they only come in 150g bags (gutted obviously) £1.29 in Tesco's and currently on BOGOF, greta flavour and not too greasy - there are some other new flavours also, but nothing that appealled to me personally.

Comment

My current (and possibly all time) favourite is Salt & Vinegar squares. Once upon a time Golden Wonder made them I believe, they were far superior but now Walkers make them, they are still nice.

On the subject of Walkers, they've "brought back" (never went away down here anyway!) Worcester Sauce flavour...and I can't help but notice they now taste REMARKABLY similar to the Prawn Cocktail flavour.

Worcester sauce twiglets though...jesus they were just they really were.
      Last edited by Jebus; 31-12-2007, 08:49.

Comment

Walkers Worcester Sauce are fantastic, don't think they taste like Prawn Cocktail at all to be honest, four multipacks for three quid, again in Tesco's - stocked up on crisps for the week yesterday \o/

S&V Squares are good, but the bags are too small

Comment

Squares indeed are far too small, normally buy two packs mate

Comment

Just noticed your edit, not Twiglets I know, but Worcester Sauce French Fries are still very impressive Jebus - even with their reduced fat malarky.

Comment

Yeah they aren't bad mate, but they just lack the full flavourage I crave!

Incidentally, very very rarely you find Grab Bags of Squares...VERY rarely. [Will Smith]Now that's what I'm talkin bout![/Will Smith].

Comment

McCoys Limited Edition Take-Away Chicken Curry flavour for the win. Enough Said.

(3 bags for £1.20 at BP Petrol Stations)

Comment

Been doing my bit for the forum over the weekend, tried these new Walkers flavours

Pickled Onion - not bad, though Pickled Onion's aren't my thing
                  Ploughmans - too Cheesy for my liking
                  Roast Gammon - not a bad flavour
                  Sweet Cumberland Sausage - best flavour of the bunch, probably too sweet for some though.

Got these from multipacks, not sure if you can buy them as normal individual bags.

Anyone remember the Smiths Bovril flavour ?, now they were crisps, and I don't even like Bovril !

Comment

This thread rules! Personally I think the king of salty snacks is Brannigans. Roast beef and mustard, smoked ham and pickle. True snack royalty. Also Roysters are amazing but quite hard to find in normal shops. Lucky my local costcutter has them

Comment

Bit more crisp tasting, couple of new McCoys Limited Edition jobbies, only found in multipacks I guess

Southern Fried Chicken Wings flavour - bit bland, just tasted like bog-standard Chicken flavoured crisps.

Chinese Sweet & Sour Rib flavour - quite sweet but lovely.

Indulged in both Brannigans and Roysters at the weekend, they do take some beating. Mmm feeling very hungry now.

Comment

The chinese sweet & sour rib McCoys are for my money the best flavour they have ever done. Shame you can only get them in the crappy little multipack bags which seem to have about 4 crisps in.

Comment

I'm just away to chow into a pack of salt and vinegar "flava" Discos. Chavvy descriptions aside they havn't tampered with the flavour much since I was a nipper. They always tend to have too much but thats a good thing!

Comment

BBQ beef flava Discos are my favourite crisps evar. I think me and Dave Holliss have discussed those before. Just a shame you don't get many in a bag. Not enough for me anyway. I wish I was a kid again, when a small bag like that would of seemed normal size to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
                              BBQ beef flava Discos are my favourite crisps evar. I think me and Dave Holliss have discussed those before. Just a shame you don't get many in a bag. Not enough for me anyway. I wish I was a kid again, when a small bag like that would of seemed normal size to me.
                              Shirley you can buy two bags and re-live your mis-spent youth?

Comment

It is not the same. Can't go back.

Comment

Working...
                                X