Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debug77 View Post
    See Marty's post ^^^

Pretty damn cheeky isn't it. I hope they get a whopper of a Corporate Tax bill at the end of their accounting year.
    That should be the least of their worries - this "board of directors" probably deserve prison time as well, they're probably in on the whole torrid affair.

Comment

Because it's friends and family they've known all along they could access those funds if they needed to.

The more details that come to light, the more not only the parents look guilty but the friends and family become implicated in what is becoming a disgustingly sordid affair, all the while the innocent little girl who has disappeared somehow is slowly becoming forgotten.

Comment

I still honestly don't know what to think about the whole case.

I've read the popular press and the broadsheets, and I've still made no progress. All I can be sure of is that the McCann's left their children alone that night and now the eldest daughter is gone.

In terms of guilt I can put forward neglect at present.

However, I can say that a lot has gone on, e.g. the campaigning, xenophobia, that I find extremely distasteful.

Comment

They genuinely want to use the "find Madeleine" fund for their legal costs? Isn't that like saying they don't care anymore if she's found, as long as they're free?

Comment

Seems like the residents of Praia Da Luz are quite glad they've gone!
            Sky News delivers breaking news, headlines and top stories from business, politics, entertainment and more in the UK and worldwide.

They're even taking down all the posters!

Comment

Originally posted by Times online
              Kate and Gerry McCann face being stopped from paying their mounting legal bills out of the £1 million of public donations to the campaign to find their missing daughter.

As the couple engaged two of Britain’s top criminal lawyers and a leading Portuguese lawyer, the trustees of Madeleine’s Fund were still considering whether the fund could pay for their legal bills in Portugal and London after they were made official suspects in their daughter disappearance.

The trustees are understood to fear a possible backlash from some people who made donations as well as possible legal challenges to the use of the fund for such a controversial purpose.

A family friend said: “The fund is looking into whether it can legally pay for the legal advice that is currently being given to Kate and Gerry.”
              Full article here : http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2426647.ece

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
              They genuinely want to use the "find Madeleine" fund for their legal costs? Isn't that like saying they don't care anymore if she's found, as long as they're free?

Comment

It keeps crossing my mind when they say things like we are doing whats best for our twins that they have rationalised that their mother not being in jail away from them is the best thing and therefore why they are lying through their teeth.

While I think they are guilty as sin, once they set out on this path what could they have done, if they took a knee jerk reaction and panicked pretty quickly it would be a slippery slope, while I am sure they just wanted (assuming they were guilty of accidentally doing something) to be left alone what could they have done said no no please dont make a fuss it will all be ok in the long run. Once the press grabbed it they would have had to appear to be supportive.

Either way I doubt they are now going to say fair cop it was all a horrible accident. Can we justmove on, I also doubt the press will move on till they get blood. The next thing to watch will be all their friends etc desert them like rats from a sinking ship

Comment

Seems like the residents of Praia Da Luz are quite glad they've gone!
                  Sky News delivers breaking news, headlines and top stories from business, politics, entertainment and more in the UK and worldwide.

They're even taking down all the posters!
                  An interesting report (from Sky too!).

Seems like the area now has a stigma attached to it, and a mild climate of unease and fear has settled in. A shame really.

Comment

And today the PJ are saying that the DNA isn't a conclusive match after all.

Comment

The PJ? What does the Duncan say?

Geddit?

They really need to find the body. If the DNA evidence is dodgy in any way and they don't have hard facts (like how she died and what the husband was doing, which varies even within articles) they'll never make a case.

Comment

Originally posted by Spagoli View Post
                        It keeps crossing my mind when they say things like we are doing whats best for our twins that they have rationalised that their mother not being in jail away from them is the best thing and therefore why they are lying through their teeth.

While I think they are guilty as sin, once they set out on this path what could they have done, if they took a knee jerk reaction and panicked pretty quickly it would be a slippery slope, while I am sure they just wanted (assuming they were guilty of accidentally doing something) to be left alone what could they have done said no no please dont make a fuss it will all be ok in the long run. Once the press grabbed it they would have had to appear to be supportive.

Either way I doubt they are now going to say fair cop it was all a horrible accident. Can we justmove on, I also doubt the press will move on till they get blood. The next thing to watch will be all their friends etc desert them like rats from a sinking ship
                        There should be no moving on until it's conclusion. The public deserve to know whether or not these scumbags walk or spend the rest of their lives in prison where they belong.

All they wanted was the media spotlight until their coffers became fat, now they're minted they want the press to **** off. Tough **** I say! The innocent have nothing to fear, but we all know they aren't.

Comment

I think Spagoli's punctuation was in the wrong place, and he was saying that the McCanns aren't going to say "it's a fair cop, it was a horrible accident, can we just move on".

You get angrier with every reply Daragon!

Comment

I think Spagoli's punctuation was in the wrong place, and he was saying that the McCanns aren't going to say "it's a fair cop, it was a horrible accident, can we just move on".

You get angrier with every reply Daragon!
                            It's only because i'm so passionate about seeing justice being served - I'm sick of this crap all over the news. Send them down and let's move on.

Comment

Aye, bang em up. You've obviously got access to all the evidence, bloody sherrif of Warrington... ;p

Comment

Is it me or are the British media trying to hide this a little, and report other things? It almost looks like they're trying to sidestep the fact that they stood behind this family so much in the early days and bought into their campaign, when things are looking increasingly like they're guilty.

Comment

Working...
                                X