Someone has to ask...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    ( Embalming fluid makes things last a while too - best looking on the shopping lists for formaldehyde, glutaraldehyde or phenol - getting a bit far fetch now though eh )
    Lol. words of experience right there.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
      Without getting to gruesome, what kinda of condition would a corspe be in 25 days after death? Pretty mushy id have thought? Very hot in Portugal too.

Maybe they didn't have the whole body.

(This is a horrible post.)

Comment

Ok. As much as I suspect them to be some way involved in the disappearance, I don't think they'd go as far as

chopping their own daughter up

!

Comment

Well, you never know when such info could come in handy Fix the proteins, slow the de-comp, but I'd say that scenario was too far fetched for even the super cynical amoungst us.

Comment

Originally posted by debug77 View Post
            Ok. As much as I suspect them to be some way involved in the disappearance, I don't think they'd go as far as

chopping their own daughter up

!
            They're doctors - God complex, ability to detach themselves from "the real world", deal with things in a "detached" fashion.

Comment

I know I'm hardly one to talk having been as much of a rubber necker on here as anyone but FFS. How much speculation or groundless opinions are there that start I know someone whos mates with a doctor who studied with the person who works at the video store used by the sister and they said.....

This is ridiculous and reminds me of the pre launch hype you got with Dead Rising or any other eagerly awaited game which pretty much after launch ends up being not what was expected but generated many wasted pages of mindless speculation none the less.

The reality is that this is about a missing child so why does it feel more like discussing last nights episode of big brother!

Comment

Originally posted by Spagoli View Post
                ...why does it feel more like discussing last nights episode of big brother!
                Because, like Big Brother, it's been in the media for the last five months, and is rather sickening.

Comment

Because people love a lynching. Always have. I think it helps people feel better about themselves.

Comment

People might want to look up the cases of

Susan V. Smith
                    Paula Sims
                    Diane Downs

Comment

Marty, do you need me to pull three names of people being accused of crimes and not having done it?

Comment

What's your stance here DT ? That you believe they're innocent or that we shouldn't be speculating until everything is done & dusted ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          Marty, do you need me to pull three names of people being accused of crimes and not having done it?
                          The relevance of the names that Marty named were that they were people that killed their own children (Well, the first one I looked up was!). I think Marty was trying to suggest that people are capable of it, not necessarily that the McCanns had.

edit: Although I'm sure Marty will correct me if I'm totally wrong

Comment

My stance for that post was simply that people love a lynching.

If you want my take on it, personally, I reckon they're probably guilty. But some of the speculation is a little ridiculous and is based on very little information. And I reckon (going on a previous high profile case where a friend's relative was one of the victims) that what is reported in the papers won't even be half of what's known by the police.

And, regardless of whether I think they are guilty or not, I don't see much difference between the lynch mob mentality and the Sun defend them to the death mentality. Both stances are made on a complete lack of information. Most of the judgements here have been based on how they look in front of a camera.

And we do know that people are well capable of killing their children. That's not in question.

Comment

The disappearance aspect is more like the famous dingo got my baby case ?
                              With the media circus and DNA...?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azaria_Chamberlain_disappearance

Comment

Sky are now reporting that it was bodily fluids, and not blood, that was found in the hire car.

Comment

Working...
                                X