No announcement yet.

Someone has to ask...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Despite what this whole situation as made me feel about the McCanns I don't think I could accept a murder charge without the presence of a body. Not that my acceptance or non-acceptance has any sway.

Every time 'new information' is released I feel I know less, and I didn't know that much to begin with either.

Comment

Living less than three miles from the family home, you'd never believe how much the local community as tuned on the McCann family. Even their neighbours have started to turn on them now.

Comment

Nobody wants to be made to look a fool, nobody wants to be duped into making a donation to a charitable cuase that may be bogus, and reports that its may be used for the defence of the accused is sickening. I'm not suprised that people are distancing themselves from them, people dont like to admit thier wrong and it's all recorded in the press the comments from the friends and family.

Comment

From Sky.. "The public prosecutor in the Madeleine McCann case is asking for emergency powers to seize a "mystery object", "

Ooooh... whats a mystery object?

Comment

I'm betting it's a sacred orb.

Comment

Originally posted by debug77 View Post
              Well.. according to sky news there is enough evidence to charge them with her death. So what are people supposed to think?
              If they had half a braincell they'd probably choose to ignore any Sky News story based on "sources" as their reporting through this has been truly shocking at times.

Comment

Originally posted by ascender View Post
                If they had half a braincell they'd probably choose to ignore any Sky News story based on "sources" as their reporting through this has been truly shocking at times.
                You have to take them all with a pinch of salt really. None of them seem to know any "facts", but are just speculating based on rumour and hearsay.

Picking up on the list of cases that Marty posted previously, there appears to be a name for that (this?) kind of thing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing...woman_syndrome

Comment

I thought this was interesting:

The Sun Says:

TRAGIC Ellie Lawrenson was ripped to pieces by a banned dog while being “cared for” by her drunken, drug-addled grandmother.

The powerful pit bull was owned and tormented to the point of savagery by her uncle, who knew it was an illegal animal.

Ellie’s mother left the five-year-old with her own mum Jacqueline Simpson to go partying.

She did this despite knowing Simpson’s drink and drug record.
                  Yet nobody has been convicted of a criminal act relating to this little girl’s death.

Simpson is cleared of manslaughter — even though she knew the dog was spiteful and jealous when she let it in with Ellie.

Her son, Kiel, served just eight weeks for illegal ownership of the brute. Everyone in this pond-life family blames one another.

And a lovely child lies dead because of their crass stupidity.
                  BTW I'm going through a 'know your enemy' phase in case you're wondering why I'm quoting from the Sun a lot.

Comment

That story is disgusting as well - I can't believe the junkie bitch didn't get reprimanded appropriately for that.

Comment

lovely child from pond-life family?

I always get confused by Sun opinion pieces as they so often seem to attack the very people that *seem* to be their readership.

Comment

It can be seen as a tale of two families, I suppose.

The Sun has a very definite idea of who is deserving of sympathy, and how they should be treated too.

The story about expectant mothers receiving money from the government to eat healthily was handled similarly too. The paper had a go at 'Yummy Mummies' who were rich and didn't need it but also 'Scummy Mummies' who didn't deserve it. It then said "decent folk" didn't need to be advised about healthy eating.

Comment

That whole incentivise them to eat well is a ****ing disgrace - How do you monitor that exactly ? Give them £20 a week and they hit KFC - how do you know ? Is it like tokens you can only use for fruit & veg or something ?

The world's gone mad.

Comment

Originally posted by saif View Post
                            lovely child from pond-life family?

I always get confused by Sun opinion pieces as they so often seem to attack the very people that *seem* to be their readership.
                            haha, well said

Comment

Brilliant comment on rllmuk:

What is the world coming to when two doctors can't afford one lawyer?

Comment

To be fair, I think they could....they'd rather use donated money and the have chosen a very expensive firm - sure signs of confidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X