X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rogue, Yellow Snow IPA, 6.2%

Early rating is a 9.

Comment

Smuttynose Brewing Company, Finest Kind IPA, 6.9%.

9/10

Comment

Unibroue, Maudete double strong dark ale, 9%
        7.8/10 (lost 0.2 for being too gassy)

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
          lost 0.2 for being too gassy
          Tip for gassy beers - Use a syringe 10ml ish to suck up some beer and force it back into the glass a couple of times.
          Also useful if you want a nice head on your beer.

Known as a pocket beer engine.

Comment

My local deli got some of these in from Poppyland, gonna try one tonight.
            Also recently been enjoying the centenary Shackleton bitter, but I haven't tried the Poppyland before

Comment

Ooh they look nice.

Bottle:
              Goose Island, Honkers Ale, 4.3%, 8.5
              Camden Town Brewery, Camden Hells Lager, 4.6%, 8.5
              Stone, Ruination IPA, 8.2%, 9
              Boulevard Brewing Co, Single-Wide I.P.A., 5.7%, 8
              Saugatuck, Neapolitan Milk Stout, 6.0%, 9

Cask:
              Yates', Pale Ale, 3.8% 8.5
              Maxim Brewery, Double Maxim, 4.7% 8
              Odell Brewing Co, Myrcenary Double IPA, 9.3%, 9
              Wharfe Bank Brewery, Yorkshire IPA, 5.1%, 8
              Cotleigh, Uncle Sam Hop Burst, 4.3%, 8.5
              Brewster's, Aromantica, 4.2%, 8.5
              Hopcraft Brewing, Mate Spawn and Die, 5.0%, 8
              Firebrick Brewery, Blaydon Brick, 3.8%, 8.5
              Black Iris Brewery, Rise and Shine, 5.2%, 8.5
              Saltaire Brewery, Pacifica IPA, 5.5%, 8
              Bad Co, Summer Thyme, 3.8%, 8.5
              Marstons, King of Swing, 3.8%, 8

Comment

Trying the Black Wolf IPA tonight.

Comment

From Yukon Brewing:
                  Bonanza Brown Ale ~6%, 7/10
                  Midnight Sun Espresso Stout ~6%, 7.4/10
                  Lead Dog Ale 6.2%, 8/10

Also made short work of Big Rock's Dead Reckoning Royal IPA 7.5%, although I'm not really a fan of IPAs generally: 8/10

Today I also discovered http://canadianbeernotes.tumblr.com/ and hopefully I can find a couple of new beers from this locally over the next few months.

Comment

Comment

Dandy Brewing Co.'s bottle-conditioned Smoke Boss, 5.5%, and 100% locally brewed. A very enjoyable 7.9/10

Comment

You lads are keeping the flag flying nicely here.

I had 8 new halves at the Durham Beer Festival last month. Sat on my own like Billy No Mates. Couple of wads to perv on were in attendance though.

Afterwards I stumbled into Waterstones to spend money. On the way out I noticed a table set up with piles of books. Ah-ha! A book signing. The big bloke sat behind it looked jovial enough after a day of signing copies of his latest. I stared blankly, asking a young member of staff stood next to the table what this was all about, then.

After thinking, what the hell, I'll buy a signed copy, the staff member asked if I wanted one. "Yes!" I bumbled, drunkedly. The guy behind the table reached for his pen, as I told him that I had no idea who he was. He looked at me half-bemused, half-irked, and asked who to make out the dedication to. I stumbled towards my lift, with a hardback copy of a young adult fiction book, signed, under my arm, happy as a minister with his cock in a pig's mouth.

Sunday morning, I googled him. Turns out it was Derek Landy, author of the Skulduggery Pleasant series, which I was vaguely aware of.

Comment

Got a few bottles each of these for tonight, been a stressful week and seriously need to unwind. Red kite ale sounds especially tasty from its description.

Comment

I've been there. I was staying in Newtonmore for a week. In between trips to Cairngorm Brewery and Belhaven Brewery, we drove to Black Isle brewery. It's a little shop on a big farm. Beer is canny.

Comment

Nice trip. I'll be starting off with the red kite after dinner.......

EDIT: I'm going to give the Red Kite an 8.0, very tasty, wish I'd bought more.
                              Last edited by Colin; 26-09-2015, 18:11.

Comment

In Norwich currently for the beer festival. The ninth year in a row.

7 new beers tried already and we're not even at the festival yet. Wagons roll.

Comment

Working...
                                X