No announcement yet.

Camra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't really remember the names of any of the Canadian stuff I've had since getting here. Heather told all her family and friends I love Innis & Gunn, so have had free six pack after six pack given to me since arriving, not that I'm complaining. Our friends here are hilarious, we were walking around outside last night as it was heading for minus fifteen, and my hand was ice cold from drinking my beer, so they handed me a home knitted beer mitt, it was awesome! Warm hand and you can't drop your beer!

Comment

That is very useful. Yeah minus 15 feels cold to some (yeah me too when i'm not dressed properly).

Probably a few pints of Alexander Keiths, some (watery) Konakee and the random Molson Canadian thrown in? The Canadian Banquets is better IMO.

Comment

I've had Keith's when I was here before. Most Canadian stuff I try tends to have bonkers names I can't remember, I need to get better at taking photos when oot and aboot eh.

Comment

Please equip +10 reporting skills from now on.

Comment

The London Drinker Beer & Cider Festival is from 2nd March to 4th March, need to go to more of these.

http://www.northlondon.camra.org.uk/viewnode.php?id=772

Comment

My first festival of the year will be the Mag one in April.

Last drink I had was on Sunday night. It was my final Christmas beer before going back to that ****hole work.
              Blitzen, by Blue Mountain Barrel House, a 7% beast of a big bottle. It was lovely.

Now, I don't know if it was the beer. I don't know if it was the Sunday dinner I'd had at about half 7. I don't know if it was going back to work nerves. But, my God, what a ruinous night's sleep that was. I had extremely vivid dreams that I was soiling myself. When I snapped awake at ten to two in the morning, coated in sweat, my stomach making noises you'd normally find in Moria, I was actually convinced I'd shat myself. In the event, the dream must have been my brain's way of altering me to the fact that the brown dam was about to breach, because I rushed to the otterbox and seemed to fill up a Turdis-worth of five dimensional space.

That's the last time I'll have a sediment beer on the final night of a holiday.

Comment

Ouch, had something similar with the 2 IPAs i tried the other day (pictured previously). Both very mediocre but reasonably priced.
                My first ale of 2016 was the Unibroue Grande Reserve 17 which I had high expectations for that were quickly dashed on the beery rocks.
                My last beer of 2015 was the Big Rock Dark Cherry Abbey Ale, which brought the year to an amazing close. 9.5% but you'd not know to drink it. Full of flavour and with a heavy colour, a joy to drink: my beer of the year.

Comment

I may take this up for a month or two, pending on drinks.

6 craft beers for ?12, ?2 a brew ain't bad for the intro offer.
                  Hmmm it's ?36 a month for 12 beers, which is ?3 a beer.
                  Think I'll try the taster box and maybe one month.
                  Last edited by Family Fry; 10-01-2016, 23:46.

Comment

I may hold off for the most part this year, perhaps grab another dark cherry while they're about and one or two that really stand out, and save for the craft beer advent calender in December.

Comment

A brew from close to the wife's house in Ibaraki and possibly the only Japanese craft beer that makes it out of the country. Hitachino Nest's Red Rice, 7%. It looked like so many strong ales that have that cloudy orange look and are purely strong with no real distinction between them and others, but it was pleasant to drink and not too gassy. 4/7

The shop owner told me that she can order in anything else I want from them, so that was a result

Comment

Can't beat monthly restock day -

Going with the seasonal tonight while still available, lovely -

Comment

Partner just back from LA and brought these 4

You could drink the session until it came out off your ears......

Very impressed with them all

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                            I just saw that one in the shop and thought of you.

Comment

Have been enjoying this while playing Battlefront with [MENTION=2492]cutmymilk[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1259]^Katsu[/MENTION]. Smooth and rich but not bitter. And the beer was nice too

Comment

Had a bottle of York Brewery's Centurion Ghost Ale tonight. What a mighty fine dark ale it is. Full bodied and very flavoursome, I actually found myself close to tears as I downed the final mouthful.

Comment

Working...
                                X