Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opening a closed chimney, things living inside! Now with added Bee Swarm..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently mine are wild honey bees as opposed to the type the bee keepers have.

Comment

I'd move.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
        I'd move.
        I've only just moved in... The previous owners neglected to tell me about them. I was chatting to my next door neighbour and he asked about the bees. When I looked non-plussed he added the ones that have been in your chimney for years.

Comment

Surely they should have told you? If you have tenants in your house thats something you mention!

Comment

Make sure you post pics of the mini ecosytem in your chimney tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by tiz View Post
              Surely they should have told you? If you have tenants in your house thats something you mention!
              Apparently not.

According to my solicitor asking if the property has any unwanted tenents is not something they do..!

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
                Make sure you post pics of the mini ecosytem in your chimney tomorrow!
                If I get time I will although I'll probably be to busy screaming to focus correctly.

Comment

Tbh whatever is in/up there will probably only kill you
                  At least the property will be haunted then?

Comment

I'd nuke the entire site from orbit...

Comment

Originally posted by Unwell Cat View Post
                      Apparently not.

According to my solicitor asking if the property has any unwanted tenents is not something they do..!

Is that why they moved out in the first place? Cause they couldn't get rid of their bees?

Comment

The bees don't really bother me to be honest. All they do is make honey and go to and from the chimney with pollen.

I'm more afraid of the things I'm clearing out tomorrow.

Comment

Probably be some rats or mice up there also... If there's maggot type thingies prepare for some hardcore rancid stuff to venture out!
                          Make sure you video it for us to share in your lucky find

Comment

I reckon you could have an infestation of sandkings.

Comment

I'm not sure rats / mice would be inside the chimney. They would have to have climbed up the on the roof, then onto the chimney, then fall down the chimney pass the honey bees nest.

I hope there is not any dead **** in there as that will freak me out. I can't actually smell anything bad coming out of the existing vent though but I always thought where there are maggots there are dead things.

Comment

Originally posted by tiz View Post
                                Is that why they moved out in the first place? Cause they couldn't get rid of their bees?
                                Don't think so as they had been living here for about 3 years and the bees were here before then

Comment

Working...
                                X