Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opening a closed chimney, things living inside! Now with added Bee Swarm..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danholo View Post
    Why are you asking people on a gaming board about stuff like this?
    People always ask this whenever we get an "out-there" thread in Off-Topic. But please...don't! One day, you'll have bees and maggots and things living in your house, and you'll be glad someone asked!

Honestly, the things you learn on this forum can and do prepare you for pretty much anything.

Comment

I'll wait and see... I find it ridiculous, though, that you can't fix your house properly because of some bees, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Unwell Cat View Post
        Maybe although the bees constantly fan the honey to keep it from melting in the summer etc. Plus if the honey melts it's only going to go one place, downwards. Depending on the size of the nest there can be up to 20lbs etc of honey in there and that's a lot of mess leaking all over my floor.
        You really have been doing your 'bee' homework haven't you?

Comment

How could you want to possibly get rid of bees. At least they make honey what do wasps give you.

Imagine a thousand of these, too cute

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
            How could you want to possibly get rid of bees. At least they make honey what do wasps give you.
            I think I missed the part where the only possible alternative to having bees in your house was having wasps instead.

Comment

I would expect to find a dead and rotting pigeon carcass (or 2) but probably only a small one. Hence the maggots, as they only eat rotting flesh.

Mask AND goggles, incase they go for your eyes.

Comment

No i was stating that out of the two, bees easily outrank the other. Depends if they are coming into the house or not, if not id be tempted to leave them bee (lol) sorry couldn't resist.

Just checking but are you sure that the maggots are actually maggots & not bee larvae that have fallen??

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                  No i was stating that out of the two, bees easily outrank the other.
                  I know dude, was just having a laugh.

Depends if they are coming into the house or not, if not id be tempted to leave them bee (lol) sorry couldn't resist.
                  *Reaches for banhammer...*

Comment

I apologise profusely I'll Beehave from now on.

Comment

Buzz off.

Comment

Watch out for Pooh bear with all that honey!

Comment

Pics please =p

I wanna see this civilization!

Comment

well if you've done nothing you've brought a mass of bee jokes!

Comment

I've removed the vent and widened the hole and cleared an area roughly 3ft by 3ft and found nothing but clumps of dead maggots (tennis ball size clumps)

I think importaku may be correct in that what I thought were maggots are actually bee larvae.. Eek !

Update, I've now filled an entire rubble sack with them.
                              Last edited by Unwell Cat; 02-01-2008, 09:10.

Comment

Photo's?

Comment

Working...
                                X