No announcement yet.

The Golf Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't believe he dropped 7 shots to par on the first though. he basically gave the field a 7 shot start and still managed to get into the playoff

He should have wrapped it up but a stupid decision (imo) on the 13th almost cost him.

Can't see any other winner of the play off either

Comment

13th is the par 5 that he and Lee both hooked into the rubbish? Yeh that was just silly on both parts and they both played awful awful shots!

Also his putting was just dire yesterday, don't think one putt actually reached the hole apart from the 18th. He left everything short which is very un-Tiger like.

But I reckon Tiger will destroy him now by a few shots, can't see this going all the way now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
        But I reckon Tiger will destroy him now by a few shots, can't see this going all the way now.
        It's just a score based round isn't it (rather than Matchplay) so they will have to complete all 18 holes.

Comment

Correct!

Comment

I'm hoping its on the Sky player as i am at work late tonight so will miss it otherwise

Mediate will buckle under the pressure and Woods will stroll it I think.

Doubt we will see Woods play again till the Open though, am amazed at how he has kept going with his knee injury. 2 months lay off was not enough time for it to heal and get back to strength

Comment

Woods is one shot ahead with five holes remaining, been pretty close all round.

Latest updates 'ere
              BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

Now both on +1 with 4 to play! Tiger just hit his drive on 15, a good 60 yards to the right!

Comment

I knew Tiger was gonna put that out to the right too much and that it wouldn't come back!

Rocco leads by 1.

Comment

Jeeez oh, Tiger birdies the last again to force a sudden death playoff now!
                    I can't handle this, I'm a nervous wreck! 91st hole coming up!

Comment

Great stuff, must admit the BBC website's coverage is very good and atmospheric.

Comment

Watch it here!

Comment

Tiger Woods = LEGEND!!

Comment

Can see this victory meant so much too him as well

Comment

Much closer than I expected. Wonder how long he will be off for

Comment

17th July, The Open.

Comment

Working...
                                X