No announcement yet.

The Golf Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greg Norman is currently the only player under par, would love for him to do well, fond memories of him whacking in 63's and 64's years back.

His wallet damaging $50million divorce pay-off has got him fired up

Live scores courtesy off BBC
    BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

Just got back from the Open today (I only live a couple of miles down the road). The weather was pretty bad - cloudy all day and a couple of showers - but I really enjoyed it. It was very busy today so I imagine it will be heaving tomorrow and Sunday. Tickets were £55 to get in (I did consider trying to get in as a concession - only £25 but I'm not sure I can get away with looking under 21!) and the food and drinks were ludicrously expensive - £7.50 for fish and chips and £2 for a bottle of water. Official merchandise is just as bad - £36 for an official Open umbrella.

Anyway, the golf itself was good - I got to see Greg Norman, Sergio Garcia and Justin Rose up close. I really hope Greg Norman wins it, especially at his age. And to think Faldo who's younger didn't even bother entering!

Comment

Been a great tournament so far! Really enjoying it, and didn't think I'd watch much of it since Tiger's out.

Villegas had an amazing run of 5 birdies to end the round today which every player would love come Sunday evening!

Would be great to see Norman win this again, just imagine that, wonder what his odds would even have been before the tournament. Long way to go obviously but he's playing good consistent golf and anything can happen.

But KJ Choi is looking great too, and has really upped his game lately so would also like to see him doing well.

I do want Sergio to do it though, always had a soft spot for him and he's been improving his game and his putting especially recently.

After today's round I put a fiver each on Norman and Garcia to win at 25-1 and 16-1 odds respectively! Would be a nice earner and both are definitely in with a chance.

Also, I recorded the last 3 hours of play today on my Sky + as I wanted to go to the gym, so came home to watch the golf and my Sky box had duffed up the recording leaving me with nothing. Gutted, so I'm catching up with the highlights on the BBC iPlayer instead!

Comment

Come on NORMAN!!!

Today is gonna be awesome! Can't wait for it all to kick off. Norman 2 clear going into final 18 holes! Hope he wins, I'll make £125 and it will be so cool for him anyway!

Comment

BUMP!

Yeh so Norman didn't win.

Anywayyyyy.... RYDER CUP!! Come on Europe! Been a great show so far, We are 3-1 down after the first round of matches but things are looking better in the second round now in the Fourballs.

Anyone else watching this?

Comment

Not been able to watch any of it live as I don't have Sky. Been listening to it on the radio though and have watched all the highlights. In fact, I made the kids listen to it at school while they were doing their art work.

I don't think we will win.

Comment

Well we've caught up a bit today after this mornings games. 7-5 now and the afternoon rounds have just started.

Comment

Be great if we can turn it around, even going in to the final day one or two behind we have a great chance.

Comment

Not looking great at the moment, down in 3 out of 4 games.

Comment

Yeah its a bit ****...

But like Dave says, we can still be a good few points down going into tomorrow and still win it. Far from over.

Comment

We don't seem to have the same sort of grit, we seem a little flat to me. Watching it online as I type this and have just seen McDowell hole a fantastic putt.

Comment

You just seen Garica's putt? Amazing, his reaction was class as well. Loads of screaming!

Comment

Haha that was ace yeah!

Still getting horsed though.

Comment

I am knackered and would love to go to bed but I cannot stop watching the golf.

Comment

We did well to get back to 9-7 at the end of the second day, just need to win 7 of today's 12 singles matches and we retain the cup. Come on lads.

Comment

Working...
                                X