No announcement yet.

The Golf Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our lass is back from working away in Austria today, she is bringing another scientist type from America. They arrive at 7pm, I am wondering how soon after they arrive will I be able to leave them downstairs so I can lock myself in the office and watch the rest of the golf.
    Just seen that I can get 12/5 on a Euros win. Might be worth a flutter.
    Also, 8-1 for a draw seems reasonable. I might put 20 quid on a Euro win and a fiver on a draw.

Comment

And we're off!
      Decided to play it safe in the end and had just a fiver on draw and a euro win.

Comment

Perry v Stenson
        Furyk v Jimenez
        Cink v McDowell
        Stricker v Poulter
        Curtis v Westwood
        Campbell v Harrington

?2.50 on Europe to win all those matches pays ?200.

Stenson is the only one that looks like it will ruin it, all the others are within reach.

Certainly looking better for us in the last hour or so anyway.
        Now winning 4, losing 4 and drawing 4.

Comment

It's over.

USA win. Gutted.

Comment

Faldo is going to have to face the heat after his strange choice of running order.

Comment

Felt we could/should have done a lot better, no point playing the better players once it's beyond reach.

Comment

Yup, thats what I thought when the pairings were announced. When you are a few points behind and need to get points on the board you just stick all your big guns out first and maybe leave one experienced guy for the final pairing incase it goes to the wire and you've got a guy who can handle the pressure going up the 18th needing a birdie to win the cup.

Butttt he just left everyone out until the end and it was never good enough. I think at one point in the evening we were sitting 14.5 - 13.5 up but it all changed for the worse afterthat.

Comment

Seve has a brain tumour

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

He is such a legend, hope he makes it through it all.

In other news, Tiger said he's gonna change his swing when he starts again as he couldn't use the swing he wanted before as it put too much pressure on his left knee. So he reckons once he's fully fit again which could take up to 18 months, he'll be better than ever!

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
                      Really bad news that, always enjoyed watching him play.

Only seven years older than me, certainly puts things into context.

Comment

Anyone else watching The Open? It should be a cracking last round. It would be nice to see Watson win but I will be hoping that either Westwood or Fisher can take the claret jug. If Fisher can imporve his putting then I think he will take it.
                        The only problem I have is that I need to complete my teachers threshold pay application form today, so will have to try and do both things - as well as listen to the Ashes!

Comment

Ryder Cup tomorrow! Come on the Europeans!

Comment

Really can't wait. Not a huge golf fan but this does get me hyped.

Comment

Were off to a good start but play has been halted already. Course is completely waterlogged.

I'm not a golf fan but i always enjoy the Ryder cup.

Comment

theres a surprise, ****ty weather in Wales at the beginning of October.

Comment

Working...
                                X