No announcement yet.

Apple speculation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I expected a full version of Mac OS, at the least. Not a jumbo iPod. Then I'd be partially interested.

Comment

yeah, having the stripped down, locked down, iphone OS is probably the single biggest dissapointment.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
        yeah, having the stripped down, locked down, iphone OS is probably the single biggest dissapointment.
        This pretty much sums it up for me.

I was hoping they'd come up with the big wow that would make me want to finally get a tablet. But, alas, nothing in the presentation has me reaching for my wallet.

Comment

It looks like a little tiny midget holding an iPhone!

Also, pointless!

"You just DO!" I love my iPhone but that looks like a waste of time.

I'm still watching this video and I just hate the way Apple act with these videos. He's making a big deal about just touching something to open it. Eh, we've been doing that for years, get over it!
          Last edited by Rossco; 27-01-2010, 19:53.

Comment

I bought the missus a laptop for Christmas. Around the same size as this thing, 120GB hard drive - almost double that of the largest capacity iPad - and all the functionality of a laptop. You know, being a laptop and all. And at not far off half the price of the 64GB iPad.

Apparently this iPad, like the iPhone, still can't show Flash content on the browser. And it obviously lacks many iPhone features - camera, GPS for example.

Ker-azy. I wish they'd just have announced a larger capacity flashier iPhone. I might have bought one.

Oh, and with this and the DSi XL, it seems big is the new small.

Comment

Ah but they kept the compassm you've got to give them that! Will be handy for those long treks from the PC to the sofa

Comment

That is the biggest letdown ever...

I just dont understand given the move to a bigger screen and feasibly work-type scenarios using the keyboard dock why they cant at the very least work out a solution to multi-task and run several apps simultaneously!?

I want to listen to radio while I am surfing the net and "supposed" to be writing a document.... wtf. I love the iPhone and it is to date the only device Apple has ever sold me on, (I actually dont like iPods at all and never have) but this. is. pointless.

Actually small edit:

The only good thing to come out of this is the specs should hopefully bleed into a new iPhone announcement later in the year. Wireless N, 64GB, longer battery life... hopefully these are things done here that Apple see fit to shrink into the smaller device.
                Last edited by nonny; 27-01-2010, 20:17.

Comment

For the price of the solid state version, you can get a white macbook

Or if you want a smaller device you can get an iPhone 3gs for a lot less with a contract, and you know, be able to carry it around and stuff, play games on it without looking like a total retard, and guess what, even make calls

Sorry, in in a rather sarcastic mood tonight.
                  Last edited by fishbowlhead; 27-01-2010, 20:21.

Comment

Wonder how Fujitsu feel about Apple releasing a product with the same name as theirs.... Another person to get in line to sue Apple I guess.

Comment

sounds like a women's sanitary product to be honest.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

you mean something like this??

Comment

So do you have to have another PC/Mac to use this properly? Not a problem for most I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                            Apparently this iPad, like the iPhone, still can't show Flash content on the browser.
                            Ha! What a load of rubbish.

Am I the only person left on the planet that doesn't own anything by Apple? I'm not a PC head or anything it's just that I've never actually found any of their products useful for me in the slightest.
                            Last edited by dataDave; 27-01-2010, 22:01.

Comment

looks kinda kool to me, im sure i'll get one even if im not sure why...

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                                Am I the only person left on the planet that doesn't own anything by Apple? I'm not a PC head or anything it's just that I've never actually found any of their products useful for me in the slightest.
                                I'm in your club too.

Comment

Working...
                                X