X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's IOS6 that's doing it my mates 3GS does net just as fast as my 5

Comment

@ Shozuki & Taka: thanks for the info

btw Shozuki did you really buy 8? Any chance you'd sell one to me for my sister?

Comment

Hmm anyone noticed that camera fault on iPhone 5 that has recently surfaced some purple haze in pictures taken in bright light.

Read about it on a few places, doesn't seem to affect everyone though.

Comment

I'm still waiting for O2 to unlock my old iPhone before I can use the new one. Getting annoyed waiting...

Comment

Still waiting...

In the meantime after killing another set of iGrado headphones I went shopping for replacements. After hearing how bad the good lady's Beats Solo HD phones were they were not an option. Having to use the bass REDUCER on the phone to get them sounding better shows the kind of music they are aimed at.

I use lossless audio on my phone so good cans are important. Ideally I wanted some open back on ear neckband style phones with a right angled plug. Which don't seem to exist.

After trying Sony, Philips, AKG, Sennheiser and others I eventually settled on Bowers Wilkins P3s. Sounded better than anything I tried today by a fair margin. What a great sound straight out the box, cannot wait to hear them once they are properly run in.
            The P3s are small, well built and include a iPhone compatible cable or a regular 3.5mm jack cable. Works with the voice control stuff on the iPhone 4 and has the usual built in microphone and controls.

Highly recommended.

Comment

Is it worth upgrading an iPhone 4 from the factory ios (4.x) to ios6?

Comment

Yers.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Chers

I won't end up in a lake instead of a library will I?

Comment

I think for an iPhone 4 , you lose more than you gain (google maps) YouTube.

I can't think of any genuinely worthwhile new features for iPhone 4 in ios6.

Maybe find an ios5 image and upgrade to that, the notifications centre alone is worth it. Many of the native apps got upgrades too.

Comment

Safari feels faster in the iPhone 4 with iOS 6. Less Google is a good thing and all the new privacy stuff is well worthwhile.

Comment

What's the story with buying a second lightning to USB lead, are they available ANYWHERE???? I want a second one for at work. (If I take the one from home i'll no doubt lose it!)

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                          What's the story with buying a second lightning to USB lead, are they available ANYWHERE???? I want a second one for at work. (If I take the one from home i'll no doubt lose it!)
                          Currys/PC world have them can get you one if you struggle

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                            A few guys at work picked them up from the local Apple store, had to ask at first, but they've appeared on the shelf now.

And the microusb adapter. I think you can reserve them using the Apple Store app too?

Comment

I went to Westfield today, no joy. I hated myself for stepping foot in the apple store. I mean, I really like their stuff, but those shops are just wall to wall dickheads.

Comment

Dunno if anyone else on an iPhone 4S is noticing this too, but is your iPhone 4S battery life draining faster than it used to, since the latest OS6 update? Either the new OS is more power hungry or there are apps that it has turned on without my knowledge...

OR or or Apple made a conscious design decision to make all their iPhones start to deteriorate after 12 months, in order to make people spend more on annual updates...

Comment

Working...
                                X