No announcement yet.

iPhone thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its growing on me the more I use it. I have used it pretty heavy this afternoon and only had one problem, when I went into the ibooks store the phone reset itself. Apart from that its all been working fine and I can now get into ibooks. I have a couple of friends using it too who have had no problem.

The notes app looks very poor now, its a shame what they have done to that.

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    I think the most intriguing thing about the new design is the 'slide to unlock' part - instead of a bar along the bottom of the screen, it's now an Android style 'slide up from the bottom'. One of the reasons Android phones use this system is because their screens are often too large to force users to slide their finger right the way along it - so I'd consider this at least possible evidence that Apple are planning a larger screen 'iPhone XL'.
    On the version I have the bar is gone but I still slide the bar the same way? If I slide the screen up the new control panel shows.

One thing that I wasn't so pleased about was the backgrounds, the app group boxes now change colour depending on the background you have. With some of my backgrounds the boxes turned bright pink! Ended up having to use one of the new apple dynamic backgrounds.

Also the screen changing perspective only seems to be on the background not the apps.
    Last edited by djtickle; 17-06-2013, 16:21.

Comment

Have you found anymore issues with iOS 7 ?

Comment

eBay and Words with Friends don't work.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

How you guys getting on with the ios7 beta? Some of what I've read say its fairly choppy at the mo?

Comment

The general consensus in the office here is "bleurgh"... it also wrecks the layout of our apps, so we're going to have to recode for iOS7 users down the line.
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

It's choppy on my 4S, and even the core apps (such as safari) don't work properly or have bad layout. If you're not a developer I definitely wouldn't upgrade right now - though I expect Apple to fix the really obvious stuff fairly quickly.

Comment

Cheers nijo, my pal has it on his 4 and its choppy as hell, i have a 5 but just cant be bothered to faff around with dev builds anymore.

Comment

Its been ok on my 5. Had a few issues with safari but nothing that closing and opening doesn't fix.

I've noticed that the animations if you have a folder on the bottom bar don't work, and the animated background doesn't always work.

One thing that's done my head in is the automatic App Store updates, I've been away for the weekend and it's made 6 apps unusable as they are to big to update over 3G. But you can turn it off in the settings.

Comment

Any of you peeps with access to iOS 7 seen any of the new Sprite Kit stuff in action? I like the sound of an API dedicated to making high quality 2d stuff.

Comment

Anyone noticed the latest youtube app no longer works properly on ios7 ?

it even seems to affect the m.youtube.com site as well.

Any ideas ?

Comment

Youtube app work OK for me.
                        My 3rd party charging cable doesn't work on 5s though. Was fine on 5.

One thing that is annoying is with Google auth codes. The app crashes each time you re-enable the camera to scan a barcode.
                        Two factor authentication is also a pain when changing phones.

Comment

YouTube has decided to work on ios7 but I'm not using the official app.

there is one called jasmine that I'm using which is very streamlined compared to the others.

This is on a 5s that I've just recently got.

Comment

iOS 7 blocked the use of unofficial accessories, which is a bit of a sod as I had an elaborate colour coded charging system set up at my desk.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I thought that it just gave a warning but they would continue to work?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                                I thought that it just gave a warning but they would continue to work?
                                That's what mine does.

Comment

Working...
                                X