No announcement yet.

iPhone thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMV had loads of lightning cables in at the weekend. I bought five from Las Vegas, and sold them at a premium on eBay recently before you could get them here. Apple products are insane for re-selling.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
      Dunno if anyone else on an iPhone 4S is noticing this too, but is your iPhone 4S battery life draining faster than it used to, since the latest OS6 update? Either the new OS is more power hungry or there are apps that it has turned on without my knowledge...

OR or or Apple made a conscious design decision to make all their iPhones start to deteriorate after 12 months, in order to make people spend more on annual updates...

My good lady has been seeing the battery drain a lot faster on her 4S. And I made sure she has turned of any uneeded location services and diagnostics stuff. She even went to the extent of turning off Bluetooth and Wi-fi the other day just to eke a bit more life from it. The phone shut itself down on Friday evening but when she turned it back on later it had about 15% charge left.

Comment

Got my iPhone5 there last week. Virgin cut 4 months off my contract to let me upgrade early so I grabbed the 64gb model.

Holy crap it's fast on LTE/4G. I live in the inner west of Sydney which is within 4G coverage and I'm getting 40mbps down, 20mbps up and a ping of 24ms. If only I could play some serious multiplayer games on it!!

I see Devils Attorney just came out so that'll do for now.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
          My good lady has been seeing the battery drain a lot faster on her 4S. And I made sure she has turned of any uneeded location services and diagnostics stuff. She even went to the extent of turning off Bluetooth and Wi-fi the other day just to eke a bit more life from it. The phone shut itself down on Friday evening but when she turned it back on later it had about 15% charge left.
          So it's not just me... Probably is the new OS, grrr... Might switch my flight mode on when I'm jus using it for music, see if that helps. They don't build em to last no more... :/

Comment

so being behind the curve as always phonewise...I have been given a free 3gs as my mate upgraded...

I have become that jerk I assumed all iphone owners are, checking in everywhere on facebook, instagramming my dinner and generally fiddling with it every 5 mins. But in 4 days have become concious of it being an old phone and now I want a 5!

Do they rub some sort of common sense lowering chemical on these things?

Comment

Haha! I have the 4S and am more than happy with it.

Comment

Rumour of a budget Iphone - story withdrawn by Apples request?

Comment

Anybody know what VPN means on an iphone? tonight all of a sudden I have a VPN symbol at the top next to the signal indicators, never seen it before despite having the phone near 18 months now, also a little crescent moon symbol has appeared next to the time, i'd assume this means because it's the evening, but I have it set to 24hr clock so wtf? any back on VPN, it's in the settings to turn it off but everytime I do, it switches itself back on, I don't like it and pretty sure I don't need it if i've never had it before, so want it off, can anyone help?

Quick google says it means virtual private network, could someone have set this up and then have remote access to my phone?
                  Last edited by booth83; 25-01-2013, 17:59.

Comment

I think you'd use it to access a private work network for example, it's nothing sinister I don't think.
                    Are there any VPN settings in the setting?

The moon Icon is if DO NOT DISTURB is turned on.

Comment

Manzana tel?fono ojo?

Comment

Anyone using runtastic pro app on iphone ?

I've bought the pro version from the app store and now there is a new update which it wont let me update to giving an error message saying "you cant update this software since you have not owned the major version of this software"

I use it to log my rides on my mountain bike, guess i will have to buy the mountain bike pro app instead.

Comment

Not sure if anyone is interested but apple seem to letting anyone update to iOS 7 at the moment if you have the update. (Can be picked up in the usual places)

All you have to do if download the update go into iTunes and on Mac hold Option + click the update button or in Windows hold Shift and click update.

Select the file, it verifies with Apple and away you go. Normally you have to register your UDID with apple as a developer.

I installed it on a iPhone 5. All my apps work fine, not had any problems yet.

Also if you get fed up of it you can downgrade with the same process, just have to download the 6.1.4 file, which if you updated using Mac or PC it will be on your machine already.

Comment

Interesting, but not sure I fancy running it until it's final. I'm not sure I like some of the icons, nor the screen changing perspective as you move it about, but I wonder if they'll grow on me.

Comment

The icon design is ridiculously inconsistent. Some get hyper simplified (Calendar), while others end up more complex than they used to be (Newsstand)?

Really not sure about the day glo acid wash colour scheme either.

I guess this is what happens you have an industrial designer do your UI design.

EDIT: That said, iOS has looked embarrassingly out of date for the last 18 months AT LEAST. The often pointless skeuomorphism (iPad's Contacts and the Game Centre app on both devices were particularly egregious) and heavy gradients that hadn't seen a change since 1.0 made it feel increasingly clunky compared to Android's rapidly evolving interface.

It's good that it's finally changed. And now we have the equivalent of SBSettings built right in, even if it does mean that about a million controls and toggles have all been rammed into one slide-up pane.

I think the most intriguing thing about the new design is the 'slide to unlock' part - instead of a bar along the bottom of the screen, it's now an Android style 'slide up from the bottom'. One of the reasons Android phones use this system is because their screens are often too large to force users to slide their finger right the way along it - so I'd consider this at least possible evidence that Apple are planning a larger screen 'iPhone XL'.
                              Last edited by wakka; 17-06-2013, 15:46.

Comment

Working...
                              X