iPhone thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
    Anyone getting garbled or scratchy playback on some songs? I'm suffering from this as are many others, seems to be caused by iTunes 10.5 and/or iso5 bug. Needs fixing pronto.
    On the phone or in iTunes? I posted this in the page before:

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
    I think iOS5 is mucking around with my music. I was listening to some stuff on my iPhone yesterday and every now and then I'd hear a... squiggly noise at a random point in some tracks. If I rewind said track, it doesn't happen again. Not sure what it is or what's causing it. The only thing different since last time I listened to music on it is that I've been using the EQ and it's iOS5

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
      On the phone or in iTunes? I posted this in the page before:
      In both, dozens of albums unlistenable. All were fine before I installed 10.5, which I had to do for my 4s. As I said it's not just me https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=30&tstart=0 so I assume we'll see an update, but when?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
        Anyone getting garbled or scratchy playback on some songs? I'm suffering from this as are many others, seems to be caused by iTunes 10.5 and/or iso5 bug. Needs fixing pronto.
        I get this playing mp3 files (that is most of mine as I imported all my Mp3s into my itunes library) using ituens 10.5 running on Windows XP on an AMD CPU, I read up about it and seen that it's fine with Intel CPU's.

I assumed my speakers had died the first time I heard it.

Same songs play fine on my iphone though.

Comment

I'm running xp and amd this seems to be the cause

Comment

I'm on OSX 10.6. Haven't tried listening to any music in iTunes since I updated it for iOS5, though. I'll try some in a sec but Sod's Law will mean it plays everything perfectly I bet!

Comment

What's the deal with iPhone plans if you already have an iPhone? I don't, just curious. Are the plans the same even though they're effectively building in the cost of the phones into the plans? Or are there whole other plans?

Comment

I'm running Lion with the latest updates of iTunes and IOS5 and haven't noticed any problems with playing songs on iTunes or on the iPhone (4).

Comment

Is anyone here up on Jailbreaking? I ask because the (impatient) wife has gone to one of these ubder-dodgy phone places and had her new (to her) 3gs "unlocked" after smashing her old one. She proudly presented it to me and it has been jailbroken, running IOS 4.1.1 (I think).

Her backup file, was on 4.3.5 and i can't restore it for her without updating it, which I can't do because the bloody basebance has been altered. It is not my strong point as I have never had cause to do it, i have well and truly blinded myself with science by perusing Google.

What I want to know is; Can I restore the backup of my Wifes old phone (with her contacts, photos etc) onto the new Jailbroken handset and if so how? I know I wont be able to update via Itunes in the future, but I can live with that.

Any help appreciated....

Comment

Originally posted by SteveStuart View Post
                    Is anyone here up on Jailbreaking? I ask because the (impatient) wife has gone to one of these ubder-dodgy phone places and had her new (to her) 3gs "unlocked" after smashing her old one. She proudly presented it to me and it has been jailbroken, running IOS 4.1.1 (I think).

Her backup file, was on 4.3.5 and i can't restore it for her without updating it, which I can't do because the bloody basebance has been altered. It is not my strong point as I have never had cause to do it, i have well and truly blinded myself with science by perusing Google.

What I want to know is; Can I restore the backup of my Wifes old phone (with her contacts, photos etc) onto the new Jailbroken handset and if so how? I know I wont be able to update via Itunes in the future, but I can live with that.

Any help appreciated....
                    You can't use a newer back up on an older firmware, it will just give you an error code and won't restore, least that was my experience. Go on xda dev you might be able to find more info about the problem on there.

Comment

Thanks for the pointer, that looks like the kind of place I need to be browsing.... :-)

Comment

If all you want to do is sync contacts, photos etc then the backup should work no problem. The firmware on the phone is separate to the actual contents (music, contacts, photos, apps etc) so you should be good to go.

When you first plug the phone into iTunes, it will almost certainly indicate that there is a new firmware/software available (iOS 5.0). Say no to this and just go from there.

Comment

I have an original iPhone here which I want to give to my Mum. But it's locked to O2 and she is on the Orange network. If I was to Jailbreak and unlock the phone could I then restore it to iOS 3.1.3 without affecting the unlock?

Comment

O2 will probably hand out the unlock code for that now if you owned the contract

Comment

Got mine unlock a few weeks back - happens about a day after filling out the form in the link here.

Comment

I did have the original contract on the phone I'll try the link above. Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X