No announcement yet.

iPhone thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I'm really late to this thread but I've just purchased my first iPhone... iPhone 4S to be exact!

I need some case recommendations, please!
    All I know is that I want either a hard plastic or an aluminium one.

What can you guys recommend to protect my expensive purchase.

Whilst ya at it, any recommendations for screen protectors as well?

Comment

Oh yeah, what do you guys use for insurance for iphone's only?

Comment

I find trouser pockets to be an effective case and the screen is well protected by the glass on the front of it.

I have phone insurance via my bank but they charge a larger excess for iPhones. Must be because they are made from Unicorns or something.

Comment

My bank acct covers my iPhone and my sons and loads of other stuff. No excess. Worth seeing if your bank offers such an account mate.

Comment

My Lloyds TSB recently bumped the excess up on my Iphone to ?100 because they claim that costs of parts are more expensive than other phones.

Comment

Protective/waterproof cases.

Anyone got advice on good ones?

I'm steering more towards needing a waterproof one for out doing winter hillwalking. Snow and rain can become a nuisance when I like to use my iPhone 4S for GPS and taking photos/videos so want something to protect it.

I've looked at Lifeproof cases, Proporta BeachBuoy cases and the Griffin Survivor Military ones and they all have ups and down. Just wondered if anyone has had time with any of these and could offer their opinion.

I'm kinda leaning towards the Proporta though as it looks like it'll be 100% waterproof for what I need and not be a pain to take photos with like the others one are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                it looks like it'll be 100% waterproof
                Yeah that green writing down the side is a dead giveaway

Comment

Cheeky git!

In other news, having just dismissed the bulky Griffin Survivor yesterday and ordering the waterproof one above, I dropped my phone on a rock today up the hills. HUGE crack fills the back of the phone now. 3 weeks old and I've wrecked a brand new iPhone 4S that I paid ?250 to upgrade. I feel like such a tool.

Comment

Never wanted them before but I do now for some reason... best screen protector for iPhone 4S? Can you get them for the back too?

Comment

This may be of intrest if you have occasion to call 0800 numbers from your mobile and your network charges you for it http://www.0800buster.co.uk/ works well, nothing to do with me btw.

Comment

Hey up all - anyone got views on jailbreaking a 3GS and running emulators on it?

Comment

I've got a view:

Comment

Swine! I thought jailbreaking was ruled as legit?

As for emu's.. weeeeellll...

Comment

Your post got me googling to see how untethered iOS5 jailbreaking is getting along and it looks like tonight I'll be jailbreaking my 3GS

:edit:

Managed to do it at work so don't even need to wait until the evening. I used this guide(Windows):

Instructions on how to perform an untethered jailbreak of your iPhone 3GS on iOS 5.0.1 using RedSn0w for Windows

It's a piece of cake!
                              Last edited by randombs; 03-01-2012, 09:11.

Comment

Holy shizzle.. emu's here I come.

Comment

Working...
                                X