Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little things that irk you.. (no swearing please)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****, man lol. Sounds like a ****ty day.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
      then sit around in my boxers as I didn't want to get dressed,
      What? This is normal, surely?

I thought everyone slung their ganzee and kecks off as soon as they stepped through the front door, and sat around in their boxers all day?

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
        It was damn icy outside today, dangerous as hell. I slipped many times but managed to compose myself (I nod to my old skateboarding days for that), and then on the way back from sainsburys I fell arse over tit and landed in a pool of creamy white ice cream that covered my whole back. lovely. Had to take it all off and put it in the wash, then sit around in my boxers as I didn't want to get dressed, while the water for a shower heated up and then I could put new clothes on.

And this house has no central heating, its beyond cold. I actually think its warmer outside sometimes.
        Lol.

Thanks for that

Not the first time you've had creamy white stuff up your back eh

Comment

Just when you think it's going somewhere, you ask the question and BAMMM, denied!!! She doesn't want a boyfriend at all. Then what on earth have we been doing the last month? The female of the species is definitely more deadly than the male!

Previous entries from the 'makes you smile thread' are now redundant.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
            Just when you think it's going somewhere, you ask the question and BAMMM, denied!!! She doesn't want a boyfriend at all. Then what on earth have we been doing the last month? The female of the species is definitely more deadly than the male!

I feel ya on that one.

The cliche of treat them mean to keep them keen has never rang truer.

Comment

Game series' being spread over multiple platforms.

This is obviously nothing new (Resident Evil?), but it is a current irk for me right now. I completed both of the original two Kingdom Hearts games, and want to play the handheld games. Right now, I do not have a DS or a PSP - this is fine, I intend to buy a 3DS next year, so I'll pick up the two DS games at a later date. This still means I have to buy a PSP at some point to play the remaining game (especially given I can't see the PSP2 sporting a UMD slot). Everyone but the rich gets screwed over.

Comment

Neither of the DS games reveal critical plot from what I gather (first one certainly doesn't). They all just expand on stuff hinted at.

If Nomura is smart, he'll design KH 3DS so that it consolidates the story for newcomers, it's becoming one of the most expensive series to follow.

My irk:

I'm the only one in the office this morning boss and co-workers are on holiday or doing xmas stuff.

Early in every morning, late leaving. Been at the company close to 3 years, no pay rise since I started (and my starting salary was low), no bonus.

If I quit and managed to get a similar job I'd be looking at £8k a year plus.

I'm a mug.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post

Oh I certainly don't miss any of that bollocks.

I don't know what the situation was, but with some women, it pays to be more direct and upfront.

Either way, if you'd feigned disinterest or started looking at other women, you can be damn sure she'd be interested...

Comment

The price of chewing gum: nearly a quid for one pack? Pff… same with chocolate.

Youtube comments: remove the lot unless the comment is about the video being a rick roll or troll job.

Comment

The Mrs. being a proper div at Xmas and surprises and telling me what all of my presents are (even though they all rock).
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Ady View Post
                        Oh I certainly don't miss any of that bollocks.

I don't know what the situation was, but with some women, it pays to be more direct and upfront.

Either way, if you'd feigned disinterest or started looking at other women, you can be damn sure she'd be interested...
                        Well we'd been seeing each other every so often for a month and it was going well. I was leading it and even though we'd both just finished several year relationships having both been screwed over by our other halfs and her saying she didn't want a boyfriend at all right now I still thought it was going that way naturally with how close we were getting.

I asked the question though as i thought it was right to just be upfront and honest about everything and it was turned right round on me. We're just a bit of fun. Nothing serious! Damnit. But I'll keep it going like that for now and just not get carried away. Maybe have to do a bit of the old mean n keen routine then.

Still enjoy each others company though and have a good time going out etc so no harm in still doing it no strings attached. ;-)

Don't normally talk about stuff like this online but it's cool to see other peoples experiences and opinions on such matters although sorry for taking over the Irks thread!

Comment

No chance of 'friends with benefits'?

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                            what ....signing on the dole ?

Comment

You could argue it involves being 'on the doll'

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                                Exactly. After both being in long term relationships she's right, but a bit of bedroom olympics is never a bad idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X