Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little things that irk you.. (no swearing please)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girlfriend has started cooking for me so I might be okay..

Comment

another irk....opening a fresh pack of rich tea biscuits ..to dunk them and finding the first load are broken

Comment

^^ Break the pack down the middle. Problem solved!

I've got a black top that says "wash dark colours separately". Is this a warning or just general advice? Why would you wash a black top separately from other dark stuff? Why can't they be more specific?

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
          ^^ Break the pack down the middle. Problem solved!

I've got a black top that says "wash dark colours separately". Is this a warning or just general advice? Why would you wash a black top separately from other dark stuff? Why can't they be more specific?
          It just means don't wash the shirt with light coloured items as the dye will run. You can buy colour catching sheets that do a very good job but it would be best to keep that shirt separate for the first few washes.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
            One of my friends did ?350 on Pizza in 3 months. And no, he wasn't fat!
            I went on the night shift for a year and was spending on average ?30-40 a week on pizzas.

And yes, I did get fat. Went from 12.5St to 16St in that time.

Comment

People more interested in taking photos for Facebook so that it looks to other friends that they're having a good time rather than actually having said good time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post
                It just means don't wash the shirt with light coloured items as the dye will run. You can buy colour catching sheets that do a very good job but it would be best to keep that shirt separate for the first few washes.
                I understand about colour run and washing clothes in general, I was trying to figure out if it was some kind of magical top with rules all for itself.

Just checked some other stuff and all my other Uniqlo bits say the same thing, regardless of colour. Other clothing tends to say wash similar colours together, which makes more sense to me as a general suggestion on a label

Comment

Originally posted by StuM82 View Post
                  People more interested in taking photos for Facebook so that it looks to other friends that they're having a good time rather than actually having said good time.
                  That's like people taking low-quality mobile phone photos and videos of a band instead of... you know, watching the band.

Work irk: working on Boxing Day and still being given a piddly half-hour lunch break, then discovering that M&S is closed when you head out for food.

Comment

The fact that if a bank holiday in Norway falls on a weekend, you lose the extra day free. I bet everyone in the UK gets Monday/Tuesday off right? :/

Comment

When I was living in Norway the biggest irk was a pint costing £7.50. Well, if you could find somewhere that actually sold pints that is.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                        When I was living in Norway the biggest irk was a pint costing ?7.50. Well, if you could find somewhere that actually sold pints that is.
                        Yeah, booze is a tad expensive. ?12 for a single measure of whisky too.

Cheapest bottle of wine at a restaurant is about ?30, for plonk that costs under a fiver in Tesco...

Oh well! Maybe it's worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
                          The fact that if a bank holiday in Norway falls on a weekend, you lose the extra day free. I bet everyone in the UK gets Monday/Tuesday off right? :/
                          Here in Singapore the bank holiday for Xmas day fell on the Saturday, so no time off whatsoever!

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
                            Oh well! Maybe it's worth it.
                            Pity they can't afford the parties to celebrate it!

Joking aside, nice country with great people though.

Comment

Sales. Good in theory but when you go to the shops they never have the thing that you went for or if they do it's not your size/the right colour/whatever.

Comment

The Next sale in particular irks me. People queuing at 5am to buy stuff they wouldn't normally have bought.

It's so busy in town but I feel so rough that I just want to curl up in the dark and sleep!

Being ill with people telling me that I look terrible (which I do) irks me too.

Comment

Working...
                                X