Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little things that irk you.. (no swearing please)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you buy it in a dodgy area of London? Maybe you got stabbed.

Comment

Heh no, near southampton but I can just picture some grubby worker not having washed his hands after taking a ****e then handling the food, makes me wanna puke.

Comment

Don't they have to wear gloves? I eat like one burger a year if that, and even then only a fillet one.

Comment

Not sure if they do, i'd hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
            Don't they have to wear gloves? I eat like one burger a year if that, and even then only a fillet one.
            Maybe he wiped his arse with the gloves on cos he couldnt be bothered to take them off?

Or wiped his arse WITH the glove?

It didnt taste a bit peanutty did it mikewl?

Comment

'Travellers' that have built houses on some land are not travellers. The news needs a new euphemism for "gypsys."

Comment

Safety boots. Since I started at my place of work over 5 yrs ago I've had to wear them & they have crippled my feet. They were given to us due to health & safety regulations & were cheapo 'Made in Algeria' crap that had no padded insole & always managed to cut into my achiles tendon along with the steel toecap cutting into my big toes. For the 1st 4 months I limped into work due to the pain & state of my feet after wearing them.
                Now I buy my own, which means I'm spending my own money which I shouldnt have to, but I still have problems with them. Again the steel toecap 'rubs' my big toe leaving them in pain & after work I get home & the pain feels like someones smashed my feet with a sledgehammer.
                I really cant afford to pay ?100 for a pair of state of the art Safety Boots which have a Nike Air sole, its own air system & cleans your feet while you work.

Another irk. My Camera seems to be packing in. Its a dinky little Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S40 & I love it to bits cos it does everything I need it to (good picture quality, nice n small to take on days out), but all I seem to get now when I turn it on is a white blank screen. Anyone know if this can be fixed?

Comment

I was about to offer you a pair of second hand ones we have in the garage until I realised it could sound a bit strange. Plus your feet could be MASSIVE And postage would be horrible.
                  It wasn't a well thought out plan.

My bro uses them for his job at British Gas and they give them plenty of new gear whenever they need it (or in this case, don't need it) so we have a spare pair newly new.

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
                    Another irk. My Camera seems to be packing in. Its a dinky little Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S40 & I love it to bits cos it does everything I need it to (good picture quality, nice n small to take on days out), but all I seem to get now when I turn it on is a white blank screen. Anyone know if this can be fixed?
                    Hooray! Just fixed it with this simples advice:

Oh, & thanks for the offer of boots Fader209. I'm a size 8 UK but I'm just a bit fed up of buying Safety Boots. I've bought my own 3 times in the last yr & had problems with all of them, so maybe its just that my feet cant deal with them or summat

Comment

I was just getting optimistic about my finances then I get a letter telling me I have until November to clear my overdraft so that's ?500 over 3 pay packets.

Assuming I'm not laid off...

Comment

Buying furniture. I want to see/test it before I buy, but I don't want to wait till Christmas for it to arrive. Shops can fulfil a), websites can fulfil b). Nowhere seems to be able to do both. Grrrr.

Comment

Eating a whole 300g packet of chocolate digestives over a day and then struggling not to be ill as you go to bed. Why do bad things have to taste so good?

Comment

Clearly the solution is to buy rubbish tasting digestives. Or switch to flapjack style biscuits which are horribly unhealthy but so sickly you won't be able to eat more than a couple.

Todays irk:

Someone chucking a package for me on my desk with a loud thump. A package containing a HDD that's incredibly sensitive to that kind of thing.

Comment

Home insurance renewal, specifically Churchill- want ?37 a month, a huge increase.
                              Thought I'd try the ole comparison sites- cheapest range from ?12 -?15 a month. Cheapest- Churchill! (for new customers)

Rang them up, cheapest I can do for you sir is ?23.50 a month. Ridicolous!

Comment

Women who complain that their men dont listen to them, yet rarely do they listen to what their men are telling them, but you dont see the men get all arsey about it

Comment

Working...
                                X