Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little things that irk you.. (no swearing please)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping with the ex in Japan was the same, but checking out the totty wandering around was awesome

Comment

Supermarkets make my brain melt out my ears reason why I bomb off in the scoooota. Wife says what type of Pasta etc u want and I just dribble and go just grab one I don't care lol. Thing is I love shopping generally and love going out with wife to buy her shoes and clothes etc but when u have 50 frozen styles of say veg I don't care just get one instead of umming for 10mins. Just take me to the Guinness, crisps and choccy bars and I'm done

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzyman View Post
        Supermarkets make my brain melt out my ears reason why I bomb off in the scoooota. Wife says what type of Pasta etc u want and I just dribble and go just grab one I don't care lol. Thing is I love shopping generally and love going out with wife to buy her shoes and clothes etc but when u have 50 frozen styles of say veg I don't care just get one instead of umming for 10mins. Just take me to the Guinness, crisps and choccy bars and I'm done
        You're missing cheese and dry roasted peanuts dude.

Comment

Aaah sorry, chilli nuts can never forget those and my cheddar with chilli in it

Comment

I think a lot of us guys are like that with going out and shopping as it's such a chore wandering about amongst the masses of the public.
            The efficient mind in me just wants to get in, get out and relax. A bit like sex.

Current irk: Delivery people. Had an email saying our item would be here on Tuesday only the guy turned up Friday and we missed him. He called round again today but I was in the shower this time

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
              Shopping with the ex in Japan was the same, but checking out the totty wandering around was awesome
              Shopping with my wife in Japan was the same, but checking out the totty wandering around was awesome.

Comment

Tell me about it, my MGS LE from zavvi turned up by royal mail yesterday. On a Sunday?? Nothing has ever been delivered on a Sunday to me in my life?!

Comment

^ That's dodgy as hell...

Other people using my PC, now if you wanna use it more than me look after it and maintain it the correct way. My brother uses my PC daily, I use when theres a new game I wanna play, last time would've been the witcher 2. He complains to me its acting odd and maybe theres a virus. I turn it on and the amount of unorganised **** he's downloaded is unbelievable. I disconnected the hard drive now he's confused...

Comment

Yeah it is dodgy as anything! Sent first class on Monday, and surprised not to have it by Saturday anyway, but I was utterly shocked and confused to get it on a Sunday!

Suppose im just glad to have it considering...

Comment

Misdelievred to someone else and they brought it round on Sunday?

Comment

I don't let anyone touch my laptop. I can just about let people use my iphone/ipad but I'll stare at them the entire time. My dad's PC(which my mum and bro use mainly) was in an absolute state. He's reformatted now but I give it a few weeks...

We use a really cool program at work on guest internet PCs called SteadyState. It's by MS and it's free but I think it doesn't work on anything newer than XP. You can set up an account to restores itself every time it logs off. You can also do the same thing with the C drive so no changes are made to it at all - any files saved/deleted/etc are restored when you restart and it doesn't slow down the boot time. When you log in as an admin account, you can choose whether to save the changes or not(e.g. if you update Flash player). It even keeps Windows updates. It also lets you do cool stuff like choose what an account can or can't do, right down to whether they can run command prompt, print stuff or fiddle with Internet Explorer settings.

Of course, it's different in a home environment where people will probably want to keep their saved stuff but, with the right setup, it can work wonders(plus you could have their My Documents folders on another drive).

I was going to install it on my dad's PC but I figured I'd leave him to maintain it. If it were my PC, though...

Comment

I can't bring myself to warrant it as my PC... Yes, I built it and paid for everything myself but I'm a nice brother and seeing as its the only PC in the house I can't really restrict him, I just wish he'd treat it better. I got myself a macbook air and I do everything on that. It lives in my bag and goes everywhere with me... I've even slept with it under my pillow some times...

Comment

@MrKirov: It arrived before it was sent!!?!! amaze.

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
                              I can't bring myself to warrant it as my PC... Yes, I built it and paid for everything myself but I'm a nice brother and seeing as its the only PC in the house I can't really restrict him, I just wish he'd treat it better. I got myself a macbook air and I do everything on that. It lives in my bag and goes everywhere with me... I've even slept with it under my pillow some times...
                              2 hard drives yours in a fully locked down state

Comment

My laptop has biometric login. :3

Comment

Working...
                                X