Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little things that irk you.. (no swearing please)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jesus H Christ, how long can customs keep a hold of packages????? Just release it and charge me whatever you're going to charge you bunch of absolute wankers. There's not even any way of getting in touch with them to query WHY it hasn't been released. They've both been "Awaiting presentation to customs officer" for 9 days now. NINE DAYS. Is it really that difficult to figure out how much they're going to stitch me up for on a ****ing 20 year old joystick??????

Comment

Here's a topical irk given how much people have bought pre owned goods from Game lately: The amount of stickers they put on their games. The one over the barcode isn't so bad, but on the instruction book? Idiots. Way to ruin a good condition game. Also what is with the seals on the online stuff. Whether they like it or not I could return all of those games seal or no seal because of distance selling regulations.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
        Jesus H Christ, how long can customs keep a hold of packages????? Just release it and charge me whatever you're going to charge you bunch of absolute wankers. There's not even any way of getting in touch with them to query WHY it hasn't been released. They've both been "Awaiting presentation to customs officer" for 9 days now. NINE DAYS. Is it really that difficult to figure out how much they're going to stitch me up for on a ****ing 20 year old joystick??????

Comment

Giff Gaff network is down. The anger displayed on the forum demanding compensation after the network had been down for just 10 minutes was astounding. Some people's sense of entitlement...

One guy said it was going to affect his business and that he would 'loose' customers. So tempted to advise that his poor command of the English language is probably losing him more but refrained ;-)

Happy Friday everyone.

Comment

I didn't even notice. When was it down?

*EDIT* so it is. Still no need for that kind of idiotic whinging on the giff gaff forum.
            Last edited by Skull Commander; 16-03-2012, 11:01.

Comment

Vodafone was down for a day or so last year. Didn't really bother me, thought my phone was broken though.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
                Here's a topical irk given how much people have bought pre owned goods from Game lately: The amount of stickers they put on their games. The one over the barcode isn't so bad, but on the instruction book? Idiots. Way to ruin a good condition game. Also what is with the seals on the online stuff. Whether they like it or not I could return all of those games seal or no seal because of distance selling regulations.
                Always been a irk of mine too. Some stickers are ok as they peel off nicely whereas there are others (I'm guessing cheaper ones) which leave so much tacky glue behind. I always found that stuff like nail polish remover* will dissolve the stuff eventually on a plastic cover but that might be a bit dodgy on an instruction manual.

*Not mine of course >_>

Comment

I will never forget the good ole days when I was in GAME buying a pre owned Mario and Luigi on gba, guy proceeded to get roll of those stickers out, we all know the ones. I asked do you mind not putting that on the box? He said they had to it was procedure, I said I wasn't going to return them I just didn't want the gba box ruined by a sticker that's hard enough to remove from plastic, let alone cardboard.
                  He said no and alas I left without a copy of Mario and Luigi.

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
                    *Not mine of course >_>
                    Don't worry mate, your secret is safe with us

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                      I have two parcels from Japan that have now sat in customs for a week. A WEEK. That's just taking the piss.
                      Did the sender not declare the value to be lower, and mark it as a "gift"?

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                        Giff Gaff network is down. The anger displayed on the forum demanding compensation after the network had been down for just 10 minutes was astounding. Some people's sense of entitlement...

One guy said it was going to affect his business and that he would 'loose' customers. So tempted to advise that his poor command of the English language is probably losing him more but refrained ;-)

Happy Friday everyone.
                        Try losing power for 3 days. That would lose rather more custom.

Comment

I'm just too nice to people sometimes. I should learn to stand up for myself more, instead of stiffly smiling when my toes are metaphorically being trodden on and hoping that the other person will be considerate and notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                            I'm just too nice to people sometimes. I should learn to stand up for myself more, instead of stiffly smiling when my toes are metaphorically being trodden on and hoping that the other person will be considerate and notice.
                            Get some steel toe capped boots
                            I know what you mean though, some people will walk all over you if they are allowed to. It's actually a tricky thing to do to change that mind set as obviously you don't want to change being the nice person you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
                              Get some steel toe capped boots
                              And then kick them in the balls.

Comment

Yodel. Zavvi order was dispatched Wednesday, arrived at Yodel's Manchester depot the same day, and that's all I know. The tracking details still read the same; One entry, they have it, nothing more. Just seems a bit rubbish.

Comment

Working...
                                X