Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little things that irk you.. (no swearing please)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding out how much some of the UK games industry is based on "who you know", as opposed to making it on merit. A couple of people I know made it into a trade magazine recently when I'm reliably informed that at least one of them spends a good deal of his day eating food at his desk and not doing much else. Bit of a slap in the face for the people I know that actually work hard but never get any acknowledgement.

Also, this review.

Comment

Right now, I’m sitting with Under Defeat HD nestled eagerly in my Xbox 360′s disc drive and I’m asking myself “what the hell are you doing in there?” I’ll explain.
      *groan*

Typical amateur review intro.

EDIT: That's not even a review, that's some guy complaining about a wasted DVD and then saying the game is too hard. Why review a game of a genre you're not familiar with?
      Last edited by speedlolita; 12-11-2012, 09:17.

Comment

Absolutely. Zero understanding of the genre and, to be fair, he does look like a bit of a cock in his photo. Never heard of the site before.

Comment

His bio is gold:

"Mark Paterson is a 20-something year old student undertaking a BSc in Computer Game Development. Seeing himself as a "game crusader", he wants to take what people accept as a game now, and knock it out of the park. In all honesty, he wants to be recognised for it too. He'd never want to be famous, because that would be a nightmare, but he'd like it if one day someone approached him and said "You made that game. Will you sign my boobs?" And hopefully, that someone is a girl. His favourite games of all time are The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne."

I call BS on LTTP. Anyone who like oldie games like that would understand what Under Defeat is all about. Personally, I think the fact it has defeat in the title tells you all you need to know about the difficulty. It'd be like Halo calling itself "THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!"

Speedy, your comment cracked me up

Comment

He sounds like a fairly uninformed individual.
            Last edited by speedlolita; 12-11-2012, 09:37.

Comment

Tosspot.

Comment

oh dear , a modern gamer from the 'facebook' generation; looks like he knows as much about shooters as i do about football (which is zero) - should probably have stuck with reviewing angry birds or what ever the latest 'android' game is.

Comment

I am going to order Under Defeat right now, then play Ikaruga. What an arse.

Comment

The review wasn't particularly well received on the hosting site either. If you call that a review.

Comment

Lol he's getting bummed from both directions

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                        oh dear , a modern gamer from the 'facebook' generation; looks like he knows as much about shooters as i do about football (which is zero) - should probably have stuck with reviewing angry birds or what ever the latest 'android' game is.
                        Hahaha this post is great, I love how you put Facebook and Android in apostrophes as if they don't really exist

I do agree with your basic sentiment though obviously. There seem to have been so many of these tragically lolworthy reviews of shooters now, quite a few from IGN of course - it's too hard! It's too short! You can't save your progress! The graphics are crap!

lol

Comment

I jumped in to the fray.

Comment

Re: Little things that irk you.. (no swearing please)

I took the guy to task over FB and he objected to the fact that I used Facebook on Twitter, instead of me commenting directly on the site. He doesn't seem to be particularly concerned with addressing the contradictions in his review. He seemed to take pride in it being scathing on his Twitter feed.

Originally posted by Kryss View Post
                            I am going to order Under Defeat right now, then play Ikaruga. What an arse.
                            Well, some good came out of it.

Comment

Last night at around 12:30am someone started banging on the main door to our flats and pressing our buzzer loads. Our buzzer is REALLY noisy and the girls got scared thinking it's a drunk guy.

I got terribly pissed off and went downstairs, ready to beat him. I put my mean face on and flung the door wide open, only to be greeted by a distraught young woman who had forgotten her bag in the restaurant below us(which was shut by now) and thought the flats belonged to them!

I calmed down and told her we don't know them but that I'd ask in the morning or pop a note through their shutters, but after she left I was thinking what kind of idiot assumes everyone who lives above a shop is connected to the shops themselves? Has she had such a privileged upbringing so as to not have met anyone who lived above a shop?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                                I jumped in to the fray.
                                Haha, I can't believe he actually attempted to defend himself and his terrible "review".

Comment

Working...
                                X