X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
    Lol cheapest is king irregardless

Jebus that's a bargain.
    Lol that's typical isnt the one's you expect to muck you about are the one's who dont & it's the one's you think will be good arent
    I do have a couple of regular sellers I use for my Revoltech & Transformer pieces but they don't carry much of the SoC or Getter stuff so if you do have good sellers to look at for the goodness then that'd be a help

Will be keeping my eye out though & hopefully they'll produce a few more for the series would love a Grendizer or Gaiking with the same quality as that Getter you have there.

Lol is the build really that good on Getter then??
    I loves my Revoltech stuff so for it to nock them off the perch it will definitely be special

Neil
    I've had Revoltechs before and they are cool but once you get that fist SOC or Gokin, lol nothing else will do.

Trust me, pick up the GX-04 Grendizer or GX-27 Gaiking and once you feel the weight and quality of them and see all the accessories and then you realise they do all the poses the revoltechs can do you'll see that they are so worth the extra money.

I mean i'm not a huge Grendizer fan i much prefer Mazinger Z and Great Mazinger but i'm gonna pick up the SOC Grendizer at some point too just because it looks so fantastic!

Comment

It has been a while since I last built a Gundam MG kit, and here's the The O from Z Gundam...X360 pad there for size comparison.

Will start assemble it this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
        It has been a while since I last built a Gundam MG kit, and here's the The O from Z Gundam...X360 pad there for size comparison.

This should be a huge fantastic kit! Biggest one i did was the Ex-S Gundam which was an amazing and HUGE MG kit, the last one i did was an MG Ball lol

Make sure to post some pics up when you are done i wouldn't mind seeing this!

Comment

Yeah definitely need pics, that thing is gonna be immense when it's done.

Neil

Comment

I've completed the skeleton so far. I'd say that right now it's just a bit less massive than a Sazabi's skeleton, but there are large chunks of armor missing. It does stand taller than most MGs though.

I fell in love with the legs, there is an extra joint in the upper leg to get the whole limb to almost crouching position. The knee joint is marvelous, the lower leg "slides" backward and fits into a recess in the upper leg. I think that the massive skirt will prevent the MS to reach this extension but it's freedom of movement for such massive kit is amazing.
            The arms have a more standard design and unfortunately rely on a simple snap-in to connect the torso with the shoulder and arm sub-assemblies...rotating them usually see the arm disconnecting from the shoulder and the shoulder armor is not a strong as I would have liked, but most MGs have this problem.

Compared to the Ex-S, the The O is more straightforward, there is no need for complicate joints (or screws) as the MS doesn't transform.
            The external armor is composed by huge pieces and the rear skirt alone use the same amount of plastic of Zaku's leg...now, should I complete the kit or paint the skeleton?
            Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 06-11-2010, 14:29.

Comment

I've completed the skeleton so far. I'd say that right now it's just a bit less massive than a Sazabi's skeleton, but there are large chunks of armor missing. It does stand taller than most MGs though.

I fell in love with the legs, there is an extra joint in the upper leg to get the whole limb to almost crouching position. The knee joint is marvelous, the lower leg "slides" backward and fits into a recess in the upper leg. I think that the massive skirt will prevent the MS to reach this extension but it's freedom of movement for such massive kit is amazing.
              The arms have a more standard design and unfortunately rely on a simple snap-in to connect the torso with the shoulder and arm sub-assemblies...rotating them usually see the arm disconnecting from the shoulder and the shoulder armor is not a strong as I would have liked, but most MGs have this problem.

Compared to the Ex-S, the The O is more straightforward, there is no need for complicate joints (or screws) as the MS doesn't transform.
              The external armor is composed by huge pieces and the rear skirt alone use the same amount of plastic of Zaku's leg...now, should I complete the kit or paint the skeleton?
              It looks really nice cant wait to see it with the armor on!

The Ex-S was a big build but not too hard since it was all built around the stand, theres no way it would have stood up on its own lol, i've had it since it was released and i've never once changed it into it G Cruiser mode ._.

I cant see me buying any more kits though, i'm hoping Bandai start to put out more Metal Composite stuff as thats where I'm heading with my purchases.

Comment

Now that looks like a beast of a kit.

Like the look of it a lot.

Place of purchase please?

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                  Place of purchase please?
                  Lucca Comics, one of the biggest conventions in Italy. I bought it from Anime Import, I've been purchasing items from them for years now. I was tempted to get one from AmiAmi or HLJ, but the sheer size and weight of the box would have demanded high shipping costs and most probably custom tolls, so bough it locally.

I cant see me buying any more kits though, i'm hoping Bandai start to put out more Metal Composite stuff as thats where I'm heading with my purchases.
                  I'm interested in the new Real Grade series, I'll get the Zaku II once I have some money to spare.
                  However, I buy more resin kits than plastic kits nowadays, they are smaller and have more variety than HG/MG Bandai kits.
                  Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 07-11-2010, 22:08.

Comment

Not figures, but some related books that I have.

I took Patrick Macias' Cruising the Anime City: An Otaku Guide to Neo-Tokyo when I went to Japan. It not only has maps of shopping malls and directions to places, it also has interviews with various model collectors.

I also bought from Hobby Japan two versions of the Super Robot Encyclopedia. The first was A5 sized and then they brought out this A4-sized version in 2004. I think it goes up to the Shin Getter series and the Tetsujin 28 remake.

There's some really nice artwork and design work. It's pretty crazy just how many giant robot shows have been made in Japan!

Some scanlations are here.

Comment

So today i got my DX Chogokin VF-25S Ozma Custom Full Armored from Macross Frontier ( awesome series btw highly recommend it )

A lovely bit of kit, insane transformation, stands around 12 - 13 inches tall, amazing quality feel to it despite not much diecast. Very very happy with it!

Last edited by NeoDragoN; 06-06-2011, 23:52.

Comment

Looking good Alex.

Always had a soft spot for Macross figures (think it was the Jetfire connection ) but never had any
                        Loving the extra armour.

Not heard of that Macross anime series though...is it that good then??
                        Gonna have a read up

Still nothing new for me...cant decide what I really want

Neil

Comment

Loads of photo's there Neo! Nice one.

Came across this yesterday courtesy of VGI.

I've taken a look around the site again and it seems to have disappeared. I'm presuming its been sold. It was for sale circa ?120.

A bit too pricey for my liking, as the model is'nt that big (6" ish). If it was twice the size I would have been all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                            Looking good Alex.

Always had a soft spot for Macross figures (think it was the Jetfire connection ) but never had any
                            Loving the extra armour.

Not heard of that Macross anime series though...is it that good then??
                            Gonna have a read up

Still nothing new for me...cant decide what I really want

Neil
                            Thanks dude!

Its a fantastic figure, szie and weight are fantastic, not much diecast to it considering its a Chogokin but i can let it slide since its so ****ing cool. I paid the extra and went for the armour version and i think it makes the difference, its going up in price it seems too but i picked it up for under retail and in the UK! which i was very pleased with.

You should check out Macross Frontier its only a few years old and it was broadcast in HD fantastic looking animation and fight scenes but is also really funny, with great likeable characters. Its the best Macross series i've seen since Macross Plus.

Come on Neil you need to pick something up lol take the dip and get that Grendizer SOC

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                              Loads of photo's there Neo! Nice one.

Came across this yesterday courtesy of VGI.

I've taken a look around the site again and it seems to have disappeared. I'm presuming its been sold. It was for sale circa £120.

A bit too pricey for my liking, as the model is'nt that big (6" ish). If it was twice the size I would have been all over it.

Thanks man! I tried to keep the photo count down but it was 3 modes and then with the armour on lol i took way more than i posted :|

I'm a big R Type fan and have never seen this, its a Madou Gokin and the ship is entirely made of Diecast hence the higher price, although it seems retail was closer to £75 than £120.

From the hit 2007 PSP game R-Type Tactics (R-Type Command in North America) comes this incredibly detailed model of the Rwf-91 Arrow Head. The body is completely die-cast and replicates exactly the form of the fighter found in the game. A sleek display stand with bead and Standard Force unit included. For the R-type type!Please note that the photos shown are of a prototype; the production version may vary. Also, figures such as this are mass produced and as a result some inconsistencies in finish and painting may occur; these are not considered manufacturer's defects. If you absolutely must have perfection, prepare to do some touch-up work on your own.

Theres 1 on ebay in Japan for $150 including Postage which isnt bad but like you say 6 inches isnt the biggest but the details and the fact its made of diecast would make up for it. Also i imagine the 6 inches would just be the Ship when its on the stand with the Force at the front i think it'd display great!

Last edited by NeoDragoN; 09-11-2010, 21:23.

Comment

Your welcome

You seem to get in just at the right time don't you??
                                Glad you scored the extra armour version though it really finishes the figure off...looks great without but the armour just boosts it, love the fighter mode with the armour looks fantastic.

Will definitely hit up the series...havent seen anythign since Macross Plus so about time I got back into it

Lol I know I'm slacking badly lately
                                Been hunitng Egay for a reasonable priced Grendizer but not having much luck, I'm actually looking at the mo for a Getter Robo instead though

Hopefully I'll get something soon...this dry spell is killing me

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X