This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of things for me today

1st up a Harmony Gold Robotech Mac II Monster Destroid Cannon! Had one of these since i was a kid and recently dug it out and it had a cannon missing and the screws were rusted etc just basically in bad condition, so i had a look on eBay and picked one up Boxed with instructions and sticker sheet ( stickers were applied ) for just £8! Apart from the arm guns, the cannons on his head and a small part on his back hes made completely from metal, great little chunky toy!

Also got my 2nd Aoshima Shin Seiki Gokin toy which is the Shin Getter 2 from Getter Robo Armageddon, picked this up off ebay for £45 posted EMS, was sent on Friday and arrived Monday which was awesome

He's made of 90% diecast and comes with 2 drill arms, one is a normal arm made from diecast and the other is made from plastic, the plastic one actually screws in and spins when its fired which is pretty cool. He also comes with a plastic figure of Hayato and a couple of stands, one for the body and one to hold the drill arm.

The stands are there because like all Getter 2's he's got these spindly legs and this huge heavy drill arm so standing can be a challenge, this one will stand happily on his own but since i plan to display him on the top of my unit i'll be using one of the stands

Pose-ability isn't the best simply because for some reason he has no knee joints, so even some standing poses are hard to pull off. Overall though an excellent figure for a great price and he looks awesome standing alongside Shin Getter 1.

Last edited by NeoDragoN; 16-11-2010, 13:30.

Comment

edited
      Last edited by MisterBubbles; 19-11-2010, 08:41.

Comment

Just received this in the post today...

The most expensive model kit I have ever, and probably will ever, buy:

Zevle Zargam. Another example of stunning box art from Japan too. I guess most don't know about these - 'Zevle' is a contraction of 'Zoic Battle Vehicle' in the same way that 'Zoid' is a contraction of 'Zoic Android'. These are a spin off set in the same universe but at a different scale (1:24 as opposed to 1:72). Unlike Zoids these were marketed towards adults as model kits rather than toys - they include waterslide decals (I'll be printing my own replicas though) and two star wars sized pilot figures that require assembly and painting. The line was not popular and quickly canceled, thus they are rare as rocking horse doo-doo and the Zargam is the rarest of them all. It's a beautiful pearlescent red (like a bowling ball!)

I don't want to fall into the trap of being afraid to build it because of the value it holds when MIB, but I'm not going to rush into this one either. So here's a pic of the box photos to give an idea of the final kit's appearance. It is battery operated and walks on all 8 legs.

Comment

Work in progress on the Silpheed kit i bought some time ago.

Main fuselage. The kit can be assembled as a Gunpla without glue, but not all pieces fit together very well, so I preferred to use glue here and there and lots of putty to even out uneven surfaces. Right now I'm painting all non-light grey areas that will be masked when I'll do the main portion of the craft.

Main engine, rear view. It was meant to be a "fully weathered" photo, but macro shots always bring out small (and big) errors hard to see without any magnifying tool...done with Tamiya gun metal as base, Lifecolor dark grey as main color, matt black and light grey for rendering; final touches with ModelMaster burnt steel on flat surfaces. Exhausts are painted in clear red over a silver base to give them extra shinyness.

Comment

Bought these many years ago.

The figures, all off ebay, were quite cheap at the time.

Each figure is 'limited' to 10,000, where as the Tron variant I have is limited to 1,000.

Light cycle bought from the Movie Store London about 6 years ago.

Comment

Bought my 1st S.O.C, and here it is the lovely Mazingel Angel
              Gx-09MAB Minerva X Mazinger Angels Sirene De Noir

check out the link to see Minerva in all her beauty
              eToysJapan carries collectable toys and hobby products from Japan: Transformers, SOC, Medicom Action Figures, SIC, Kamen Riders, Bearbricks, Gundam, Tamashii Limited, S.H. Figuarts, chogokin, Bandai Premium, Bandai HobbyOnline etc..only the authentic and best in class quality products

winging its way from japan as we speak
              Last edited by MisterBubbles; 22-11-2010, 20:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Grover View Post
                Bought these many years ago.
                Awesome, I remember having some of them as a child.

It was a sad day for everyone concerned when the Light Cycle didn't shut properly and popped poor Sark's legs off. Despite ages of trying he was never quite the same again.

Comment

What do the Tron figures look like under a blacklight? If they don't fluoresce it's the worst wasted opportunity in the history of wasted opportunities!

Comment

Got my Hot Toys War Machine this week and it's as I suspected - Hot Toys have always been pretty good on quality but I feared with the rapid expansion of licenses that their quality control would take a dip. And it has.

His paint job is pretty shonky with parts of the gunmetal grey on joints and seams missing and the metallic silver undercoat showing through. Okay so it's barely noticeable unless you're really up close and looking for.it (and gives him a slight battleworn look) but I hope this isn't the start of a slippery slope.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                      Got my Hot Toys War Machine this week and it's as I suspected - Hot Toys have always been pretty good on quality but I feared with the rapid expansion of licenses that their quality control would take a dip. And it has.

His paint job is pretty shonky with parts of the gunmetal grey on joints and seams missing and the metallic silver undercoat showing through. Okay so it's barely noticeable unless you're really up close and looking for.it (and gives him a slight battleworn look) but I hope this isn't the start of a slippery slope.
                      I cancelled my order for War Machine a little while ago because I was struggling a little for some money & by the sounds of things I'm lucky I did.
                      Heard of a few people that have said it's not that good.

I am a little gutted that I won't be able to display the mkVI & hi side by side in the funky forest poses from the movie but I'll live with it I think.

Have you got pics of yours anyway??
                      Always like to see pics of Hot Toys stuff irregardless.

Neil

Comment

You can tell they were cutting back by the box too. Usually they're quite elaborate fold out things (the early Iron Man ones even had magnet claps on them) but this is as bare bones as can be.

The sculpt is still pretty impressive and Don Cheadle really does look like Don Cheadle, and there are lots of hidden attatchments and sliding doodads on the chest and shoulders to keep in with the War Machine design, but it's the final touches that are missing from this one (like a decent paintjob).

Still, I like it and can overlook the flaws as it's better than 90% of the figures that get released, just not up to Hot Toys usual standards.

I'll get some pics up on the weekend.

Comment

Crappy pics, but you get the idea (second one gives a better indication of the missing edges to the paintwork).

As usual it looks much better in the flesh than my appalling photography skills could ever convey

Comment

Might that not be a stylistic choice? Warmachine has always been the grungier of the three Ironpeople...

Comment

Yeah, that looks just like weathering effects on the paint to me - if it was poorly applied it wouldn't be that random. A lot of model builders strive for that kind of look!

Comment

Possibly, and I did wonder that given that he's supposed to be a bit more rough and ready in nature than Iron Man. After all, ejecting hundreds of red hot cartridges from that mini-gun and his arm cannons isn't going to go without leaving some marks.

I guess still have bad memories of that `battle damaged` Batarang that Batman: Arkham Asylum tried to pass itself off as, when it was just a cheap piece of plastic tat.

edit: quick mooch around various places shows that it is quite deliberate. I retract my previous slandering of Hot Toys' Quality Control Measures
                                Last edited by Spatial; 28-11-2010, 09:04.

Comment

Working...
                                X