This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I got to meet Ian Livingstone the other day. I was like a babbling idiot fanboy. He was very nice about it.

Comment

Oh man, I genuinely laughed out loud at this, BRILLIANT!

Follow @textfromdog and get more of the good stuff by joining Tumblr today. Dive in!

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
          Oh man, I genuinely laughed out loud at this, BRILLIANT!

http://textfromdog.tumblr.com/
          That's f###ing hilarious! I thought my dog was the only one to do that! B-)

Comment

Comment

Met an old guy who lives down our road. Got chatting, went in for cup of tea. He starts showing me these ornaments, statues and stuff then we to down to his workshop. He's spent 10 years building a replica of a minesweeper. Looked impressive. Then I find out its radio controlled too. Then he shows me a photo of a 1/4 scale spitfire that he built that's. Now in a museum somewhere. Then I find out he's trekked across the north pole and has flown hurricanes and spitfires. Then I discover he provided the government with the lamination machinery required to make the outer skin of the stealth bomber. Then I spot a picture of him standing next to Graham Hill and Hill's first racing car which this guy bought for him. Finally we visit his music room. Everything is very old Linn. The Sondek has just been fitted with a new stylus - at a cost of ?1000! He uses the same record cleaning system as the BBC involving a thread of some kind.

Sorry for the brain dump. I came away amazed. I've forgotten some stuff I'm sure. The guy has lead 4 awesome lifetimes in the space of one. Hoping to go round and check out his music system properly at some point. Anyway, all that made me smile.

Comment

Guy sounds like a bit of a legend!

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                  Met an old guy who lives down our road. Got chatting, went in for cup of tea. He starts showing me these ornaments, statues and stuff then we to down to his workshop. He's spent 10 years building a replica of a minesweeper. Looked impressive. Then I find out its radio controlled too. Then he shows me a photo of a 1/4 scale spitfire that he built that's. Now in a museum somewhere. Then I find out he's trekked across the north pole and has flown hurricanes and spitfires. Then I discover he provided the government with the lamination machinery required to make the outer skin of the stealth bomber. Then I spot a picture of him standing next to Graham Hill and Hill's first racing car which this guy bought for him. Finally we visit his music room. Everything is very old Linn. The Sondek has just been fitted with a new stylus - at a cost of ?1000! He uses the same record cleaning system as the BBC involving a thread of some kind.

Sorry for the brain dump. I came away amazed. I've forgotten some stuff I'm sure. The guy has lead 4 awesome lifetimes in the space of one. Hoping to go round and check out his music system properly at some point. Anyway, all that made me smile.
                  Old People > Young People.

Comment

So the company director just called me in for a meeting. I decided now would be the perfect time to ask for a raise. After we discussed the issue at hand he gave me a raise. Obviously I'm happy but I was hoping to tick 'asking for a raise' off the list of things to do in jobs so, in Robocop fashion:

Part smile
                    Part irk
                    All raise

Comment

Watching Interceptor on Challenge, very "high tech" and frankly hilarious

Comment

Sounds like the best programme ever

"The Interceptor's zapper was actually technology purchased from the Army. "

*cough**cough*

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                          So the company director just called me in for a meeting. I decided now would be the perfect time to ask for a raise. After we discussed the issue at hand he gave me a raise. Obviously I'm happy but I was hoping to tick 'asking for a raise' off the list of things to do in jobs so, in Robocop fashion:

Part smile
                          Part irk
                          All raise
                          Tried that with my new boss last week, and their reply was essentially 'you'll be getting more overtime'

Wtf etc

Comment

high tech, like I said!

On this one the walkie talkie isn't working for the female contestant and the interceptor just tricked her and managed to shoot her pack.

The presenter woman's voice is so high-pitched-posh it's almost painful to listen to but really adds to it all.

And that Gameshow website is awesome, did anyone else ever watch this? Watching it aged about 12 I thought it was the coolest thing ever, would love to watch it again...

Comment

The group of dead wasps on my balcony. This means that my wasp extermination project is finally showing real results. Before I've killed one or two with my spraying, but now it seems I found their main entrance. Victory is in my clutches.

Humans > small puny wasps

Comment

Originally posted by koopatroopa90 View Post
                                And that Gameshow website is awesome, did anyone else ever watch this? Watching it aged about 12 I thought it was the coolest thing ever, would love to watch it again...
                                "The series was taken off the air after five weeks in autumn 2001, as it was felt to be a little too close to the real-life battle in Afghanistan."

Which idiot felt that?

Comment

Working...
                                X