Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argh, I still miss mine. I might re-buy it in a few months if the problems have been ironed out by Dell.

Comment

Finding out that my tiny 10 inch CRT which I have up on my cabin bed for late night N64 playing is actually NTSC capable! Annoying that I've been playing all my Japanese games on the huge flat screen for months, which somehow manages to make everything look too dark AND washed out at the same time. On the other hand, I am now stunned by how frigging awesome Starfox 64 looks on the CRT. So clean and vibrant! I'm glad I bothered to test my Japanese N64 on it, even though I was convinced it wouldn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
        Argh, I still miss mine. I might re-buy it in a few months if the problems have been ironed out by Dell.
        You got the U2412M didn't you?

Comment

My CRT won't display NTSC composite in anything other than black and white. To the irk thread!

Comment

How is that an irk I wonder, all the more reason to use RGB.

Comment

You can't RGB a PC-FX.

Comment

Eek!
                Last edited by JazzFunk; 21-07-2012, 18:25.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                  You got the U2412M didn't you?
                  The U2312HM, which I also sent back once it started dropping the signal over HDMI>DVI. Presumably some sort of handshaking issue. I got through two of them due to the buzzing issue when brightness was adjusted to less than 100%, and Amazon just decided to give me a refund instead of offering another exchange. I had a U2410 (A01 revision) but it ended up having problems with the touch-sensitive buttons becoming unresponsive and the monitor refusing to turn itself off unless I turned it off at the wall. Too many issues for what was a >?400 monitor at the time, and Dell's customer service was atrocious. I still miss things like the 1:1 pixel mapping though, and the multiple inputs were very handy. They were on A10 when I last checked, hence me wondering if the issues have been resolved.

Comment

Finding these in Tesco

Comment

Just got Stevie Wonder's Songs in the key of life on double vinyl in almost mint condition for 25p. Same for Kate Bush the kick inside, tubular bells, thriller, the jazz singer, bridge over troubled water and Graceland. Bargaintastic

Comment

The Kick Inside is good, but nothing beats Never for Ever for crazy ass sleeve art. The Japanese censored it. The Japanese.

Comment

Opening up a box of stock at work and finding loads of sealed copies of APB and Tabula Rasa.

Comment

Spent the evening listening to Final Fantasy X Piano Collections, drinking beer and building the Lego Vampyre Castle, which is a rather large and very enjoyable build. Kids were asleep. Can't ask for a better Sunday evening than that.

Comment

Spent the afternoon watching Dark Knight and listening to Stevie Wonder. Now I'm going to play Arkham City because Batman is awesome. A good day overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                                The U2312HM, which I also sent back once it started dropping the signal over HDMI>DVI. Presumably some sort of handshaking issue. I got through two of them due to the buzzing issue when brightness was adjusted to less than 100%, and Amazon just decided to give me a refund instead of offering another exchange. I had a U2410 (A01 revision) but it ended up having problems with the touch-sensitive buttons becoming unresponsive and the monitor refusing to turn itself off unless I turned it off at the wall. Too many issues for what was a >?400 monitor at the time, and Dell's customer service was atrocious. I still miss things like the 1:1 pixel mapping though, and the multiple inputs were very handy. They were on A10 when I last checked, hence me wondering if the issues have been resolved.
                                Mine is a A00 which I've updated to A01 via a firmware upgrade. Can't say I've had any of the issues you've spoken of thus far, fingers crossed eh. I'm using it directly via DisplayPort with my 6850.

Comment

Working...
                                X