X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Date on Thursday!!! Booya! ^_^

Comment

Mayor of London Boris Johnson raises the prospect of driverless trains as the future of the London Underground network.

go Boris, not many industries immune from this kind of progress and I'd love to see that total a$$ hole of the highest order Bob Crowe be the man responsible for this through his odious use of blackmail tactics to hold Londoners to ransom.

Comment

I dislike Bob Crowe with a passion.

Most of the tech for driverless trains is already in place. A lot of these systems are already relied on by 'driven' trains so if they could fail catastrophically, they probably would have done already.

£30K starting wage for driving a train? Yes suicides are unpleasant but driving a bus is far more skilled than driving a train.

Comment

I am probably taking this thread off topic, and I am all for the end of tube strikes, but I really do not think Boris can be applauded for his tactics - this suggests that Boris is trying to deal with the strikes almost by proxy rather than actually talking to those involved. Also things like this are just plain wrong. I'm sure automatic trains are a sensible long-term solution but he's just going to piss off drivers more in the short term.

Comment

Having a headache all day, taking a nap after work and waking up feeling awesome.

Comment

The fact I made amazing progress yesterday with redecorating my living room on my own. 3 full coats of paint down so I can start on the details like putting up a new curtain track / thinking about where to put my bookcases / AV equipment.

Comment

Queuing behind this elderly man fella at the bank and listening to his conversation with the cashier. As he finished his business, he wanted to put the pen back in the holder and he kept fumbling it, and he goes, 'look at me with my butter fingers', in an almost childlike voice.

It was one of those moments where you'd have to be there, to hear the accent in his voice and his general demeanour. But it made me smile.

Comment

The advert in today's Metro for auditions for Batman etc.

Actively encouraged to audition in costumes.

That is surely better TV than X-Factor-dancing-on-ice-celebrity-recovering-drug-addicts-z-lister-get-me-out-of-here?

I'm too old at 42. Drat.
                  Last edited by Dirty Sanchez; 18-01-2011, 10:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
                    The advert in today's Metro for auditions for Batman etc.

Actively encouraged to audition in costumes.

That is surely better TV than X-Factor-dancing-on-ice-celebrity-recovering-drug-addicts-z-lister-get-me-out-of-here?

I'm too old at 42. Drat.
                    whaaaaaaattttttttttttt!!

did anybody mention this before? I so would have gone, I actually fit and had the day off. oh my jesus can't believe I missed that lol!

Comment

Originally posted by dazzling_bubble View Post
                      whaaaaaaattttttttttttt!!

did anybody mention this before? I so would have gone, I actually fit and had the day off. oh my jesus can't believe I missed that lol!
                      Feel free to dress up at Catwoman and post your pics up here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
                        Feel free to dress up at Catwoman and post your pics up here.
                        I'll have to wait for it to come back from the dry cleaners..... pvc is a bugger for stains lol

Comment

Jamiroquai tickets booked!

Comment

Originally posted by cavalcade View Post
                            rmoxon, it's the Crystal Skull of videogames. You should buy it immediately.

To everyone else, it's not the Crystal Skull of videogames, so please buy it and ignore the previous comment.
                            This gave me a rather large grin.

Comment

It made me grin too actualy, but mainly becuase I feel people are proving my conspiracy theory!

They are attacking me to get to the film!

You lot are no better than Ricky Gervais with your disgustingly sinister overtones!
                              Last edited by rmoxon; 18-01-2011, 23:59.

Comment

I think you'll find those overtones were only mildly sinister (and they might even have been undertones).
                                Last edited by Darwock; 19-01-2011, 06:10.

Comment

Working...
                                X