This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
    I second the cloudless skies. The summer night skies ain't a patch on those of the winter (it never gets truly dark and the summer constellations in my opinion are less interesting) but peering out into space, whether with the naked eye or scope, is always inspiring.
    Yup, I'm definitely looking forward to the winter! I was doubly lucky as apart from being a really clear night there must have been decent atmospheric conditions too as some of the objects I look at regularly were clearer and more defined than usual.

There's nothing quite like looking through a telescope and seeing something that's an unimaginable distance away right there in front of your eyes... er, eye

Comment

There was a thing on the BBCHD channel last night about the final shuttle launch. Was ace to get to see a launch in HD slo-motion glory.

If it crops up again it's well worth a watch, the presenter used to work on the medical team, so he was allowed to visit loads of places they don't usually allow tv crews to see. Some of the interviews with people who know they're basically now out of a job were pretty sad as well.

Comment

Promotion at work today

Loads of extra responsibility, decent pay hike and finally brings to an end my 14 years of working shifts! Huzzah!

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
          There was a thing on the BBCHD channel last night about the final shuttle launch. Was ace to get to see a launch in HD slo-motion glory.

If it crops up again it's well worth a watch, the presenter used to work on the medical team, so he was allowed to visit loads of places they don't usually allow tv crews to see. Some of the interviews with people who know they're basically now out of a job were pretty sad as well.
          Yeah, it was a beautiful watch. There was another programme on Channel 4 HD on Saturday about the Shuttle programme. Worth watching on 4OD for any space junkie.

Originally posted by neil2k View Post
          Promotion at work today

Loads of extra responsibility, decent pay hike and finally brings to an end my 14 years of working shifts! Huzzah!
          Congrats, after 14 years it sounds like you earned it.

Comment

Grats Neil.

Comment

Yeah Nice one Neil! What's a Cod Blanket?

This brings a smile to my face

It's a mug that changes colour when i hot drink is in it. It's silly I think it's so awesome. Next I'll be buying Hypercolour T-shirts again

Comment

Originally posted by Boris View Post
                Yeah Nice one Neil! What's a Cod Blanket?
                Similar to a 'Dutch Oven'.....As if you didn't know you little tinker

Comment

Blatant product placement

Comment

I watched Captain E.O. in Disneyland Paris last week.

Laughed my head off, Michael Jackson was hilarious with his squeaky voice and franky crap dancing. If he went on Britian's Got Talent he'd be lucky to get to the next round.

Literally laughed out loud.

Comment

Off the cuff, using an atlas to avoid the M1 for a bit, I directed the missus and I to a nice little village called Market Bosworth. We nipped into the Red Lion pub and I found Camra mags for two different areas. These now belong to me. I also had a newbie - a Ringwood Filly Drift. Very nice. Outside, we spied a hotel over the road. I doubted that it would stock any decent beers, but lo! a newbie. None other than a Wychwood I'd never had before, called Cherry Picker. Beautiful, and it totally tasted of cherries, though not in an overpowering fruit beer way.

Comment

Found a class bookshop on my travels.

Everything was ?2 - regardless of size, date, etc. I ended up getting:

Some big King Kong movie history book.
                        A Charles Hawtrey hardback Biog
                        A China Mieville novel, which I'd been after for a while
                        The final book of Joe Abercrombie's trilogy - I happen to be reading book 2 at the mo.

Oh, and just one more thing ...

A hardback book about Peter Falk

The owner was very pleasant and had the cricket on the radio. While I was scanning the shelves, Tendulkar was dismissed, and we shared a cheer.

Comment

Exciting day for prinny there!

Comment

Getting paid ?50 more than I was anticipating.

Comment

Getting irked that my packages from PA hadn't arrived...for them all (bar one) to arrive at once!

Time to update the gaming spend thread i guess...

Comment

Wrong thread, fella. This is where we're positive and cheerful.

Comment

Working...
                                X