Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went on one of those vertical slides today. This one was far bigger than ones I've been on before though. It has been a long time since I'e been genuinely scared. Fantastic. Lucy refused to go on it. I can see why people love sky diving. What a rush. Loads of other adults bottled it. I think they spent too much time at the top looking down. All fine after the first go.

Comment

I used to find those genuinely terrifying , but I'd always try and do it.
      Don't think I could skydive though, I don't like the sensation of dropping

Comment

Know some people who got some savage friction burns from vertical slides.

Comment

Found a vid of the one.
          Somehow the extra 4 foot on the right hand side made all the difference to how scary it is.

Comment

That looks like a lot of fun!

Comment

It was very odd safety-wise - if you jumped out a bit, you'd land at the bottom and die in a crumpled heap.
              I saw lots of people look over and bottle it. One kid got down as far as full body hanging and doing a tricep dip and then bottle it and do a nice tricep dip return back up

Once you tried once though you had to go again. And again. and.... etc. Addictive.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                Once you tried once though you had to go again. And again. and.... etc. Addictive.
                Did this when I was a nipper, just watching that clip made my stomach have the sensation

Not sure I need another go!

Comment

I once went on one of these when I was about thirteen. I did it about five times and it was awesome, and then on the sixth time I looked down and almost **** myself. I couldn't do it again

Comment

There was a news report a couple of days ago that went "Police have been cleared of killing a man with a taser after the autopsy showed that he was not killed by the taser but by multiple knife wounds". Made me chuckle then facepalm.

Comment

Oh man, I love those vertical drop slides! I think I was about 14 when I went to a place with like 10 different heights of them. The biggest one was ridiculously tall - like a bit taller than those Victorian houses. I still feel sad when I think about how I did 9/10, boohoo.

Comment

The Sun rose over the hills this morning and stayed in the sky all day. I'd almost forgotten what it looks like.

Comment

(for future reference)

(EDIT: I just noticed that the sun has a face)

Comment

Visited north Wales on Monday. Really impressed.

Saw some stunning vistas while on the cable car.

Comment

Wow those slides are cool. Never seen one in my life before!

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post

(for future reference)

(EDIT: I just noticed that the sun has a face)
                                I have a script on my IRCbot that will give you sunspots stats+pics. Writing it made me smile.

Comment

Working...
                                X