Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't, as I figured it would be there for years to come as I live in a little seaside town

That's really cool about your friend, though! I hope he had the sense I didn't to screenshot it, haha.

Comment

This time of year. The fields are full of blackberries, plums and apples and that means delicious pies and crumbles and tarts and jam. Mmmm.

Comment

My son is a week old today - I'm a happy camper

Comment

Aaaah, that's great news, congrats! Don't forget to pamper his mum!

Mine is 13 weeks tomorrow and is awesome!

Having said that, he still can't hold a joypad and he's supposed to be helping me on split-screen EDF...

Comment

Speaking of my little seaside town a few posts up - I found out what was going on down the beach years ago. There appeared to be some sort of filming going on, but when me and my friend asked one of the camera guys what show it was for he said he couldn't say, but could he have one of my chips. Turns out it was for S2 E1 of The Inbetweeners - that clears up the guys hugging a naked guy in the middle of the river all those years ago.

Comment

After so many bad things happening in the last few weeks, I've just paid a deposit for a two bedroom house. Super happy and hope everything goes well (touch-wood). with it. Hoping things are looking up

Comment

Cheers. Feeling the lack of sleep though.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Aaaah, that's great news, congrats! Don't forget to pamper his mum!

Mine is 13 weeks tomorrow and is awesome!

Having said that, he still can't hold a joypad and he's supposed to be helping me on split-screen EDF...

Comment

Parry Gripp videos bring a smile to my face.

Comment

Women in little shorts and me having big eyes.

Comment

Listing all the skills I now have on my CV and realising that, despite the crap treatment I'm getting from my probably soon to be ex employers, I've a good range of skills that people will be willing to pay ?8-?10K more than I'm earning at the moment.

Also the knowledge that if they are actually outsourcing my job to a dev team in Eastern Europe, that they either stand near zero chance of understanding my own code or, if they redo it from scratch, that it's going to take them many many months and the company stands a good chance of going under before them.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                        Women in little shorts and me having big eyes.

I have noticed this trend too. It's like that scene from 'Tamara Drewe' with Gemma Arterton, i.e. brilliant.

Comment

Went to check on the hamster today and found the water bottle empty. On closer inspection, the metal bit at the bottom, where he drinks from, had fell to the floor of the cage. The bottle itself had teeth marks all round the spout, meaning he'd chewed through it, causing the metal bit to drop. Then, I decided to check the hole where the water bottle slots into the cage.

The little sod has managed to chew a massive hole through the plastic next to it! I went off to find something to patch it up with until I can get a new cage, only to find when I returned his head halfway out of the hole. So I've put him in his ball and used the flat plastic from the back of a 360 pad box to create a little window, patched up with tape. It's funny, but maybe slightly worrying! I've no idea if it will stand the onslaught during the night!

Comment

Peekaboo!

Comment

Awww!

I have a hamster that looks very similar and is also a mischievous little thing. Twice he managed to get out of his massive cage and make his way under the kitchen units, along the wall, and into the sweet cupboard - he likes Go Ahead bars it seems.

Comment

I had the exact same thing with my second hamster Maggie once. She chewed through 2 water bottle spouts in the end so I had to let her drink from a bowl as I refused to keep buying them!
                                And she chewed through the plastic of the nice big cage she had so she ended up in a smaller metal one instead.

My first hamster Taz was a saint in comparison lol Never did anything wrong and had a lovely nature...Might be because he was a boy as I gather the girls tend to be temperamental from the later experience.

Oh yeah, Taz also only had one eye. Within the first month of owning him I noticed the eye was bulging and the next day more so etc. Got him to the vets and he said the body was rejecting the eye for whatever reason. At some point the eye fell off and underneath was the neatest sealed off area. Amazing that a body can do that naturally.

Comment

Working...
                                X