X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is that singular or plural :P

Comment

Originally posted by j0e musashi
      Rain. It's ****ing hammering in Landon. I took my shoes off, and walked bare-foot to the Tube in an effort to keep my shoes dry.

We've been having meetings in the park in the sunshine and I've been padding around in my socks because f*ck grass stains.

Comment

hashtags on facebook? Do they even mean anything there?

Comment

Facebook recently introduced support for hashtags.

Comment

Oh ok.

Found a deadstorm pirates game in a Blackpool arcade. All set to show off my skills and halfway through the first stage the gun refused to fire. Pretty livid.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
              is that singular or plural :P
              A single blow would do right now.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                Oh ok.

Found a deadstorm pirates game in a Blackpool arcade. All set to show off my skills and halfway through the first stage the gun refused to fire. Pretty livid.
                A friend and I went to the Replay expo in Blackpool a couple of years back. He's a huge fan of Daytona, and spent most of the weekend masochistically subjecting himself to the horrors of playing such a wonderful game after it had been awkwardly crammed into an upright cab. When we headed into town on the Saturday night, we found a full sit-down two player Daytona cab in one of the seafront arcades. Amazingly, I managed to thrash him in every race we played. After we got up, he just said "my gas pedal was knackered."

And it was.

Comment

Seem to recall the same issue with one of the sides of the Sega Rally Championship accelerator pedals in Trocadero is shot too. Can never achieve full acceleration. That realisation that the machine is duff after you've paid to play the game is never fun. Another irk is all the DDR cabinet LCD conversions I see. A laggy display and the wrong aspect ration. Bring back the CRTs damn it! Not so bad on DDR X but that was a native screen not some cheap conversion.

Comment

No wonder arcades aren't thriving. Not being looked after at all

Comment

Is that the SR cab near that odd little hall near the back of the basement level? We tried to use that for a quick race and ran into problems straight away. Sad to see what's left of the Troc machines being in such a state, particularly as my dad used to repair and refurbish a lot of them.

Comment

Yup. The one right near the steps that leads to the lower level.

Comment

Christ, P-A's customer service is absolutely terrible.

I bought the Muramasa Rebirth LE in a weekly deal a few weeks ago and it arrived with major crushing damage to the box, even though there was no damage to the shipping box and no room for the game to move around inside. I contacted customer service to ask for an exchange and they asked for photos of everything. They got back to me this morning and offered me $5 store credit- bit redundant when I'm already up to my ears in their vouchers offering the same amount. They're not even willing to exchange the damaged copy for the same game off the bat- they just blamed airmail and said that they wouldn't get any money back from the post office for the damage. Bloody cheeky to point that out when I spend hundreds of pounds there every year.

Comment

Man **** Play-Asia. That's unbelievable. I would never use them again after that. They're totally overpriced anyway.

If that was me I would raging out on the phone to them lol.

Comment

Yeah, I'm preparing for it to escalate. They seemed irked that I suggested that it was damaged before they shipped it to me but it's an ideal situation for them- ship damaged stock to customers and give them a voucher that they already have if they complain. I'll be looking for a phone number if they don't get back to me with an exchange tonight, particularly as the LE is back on offer again for the same price. I expected better of them, really.

Photo of the damage

Paid via PayPal, so I'm wondering if I could get them involved if necessary.

Comment

Really poor package job there..

Comment

Working...
                                X