Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, I am totally in agreement with you on all that. I thought that you had been happily using Facebook until now but had become suddenly outraged!

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      Ah, I am totally in agreement with you on all that. I thought that you had been happily using Facebook until now but had become suddenly outraged!
      Haha no not at all. It outrages me on the points I listed. And I wasn't venting at you obviously. Just my massive irk of the day.

@ qualitychimp. It's funny how after all that generation endured there literally left to cook in the sun for no reason, I'm so sick of stuff like that I make a point of mentioning it to people in charge now days, loudly and embarrassingly for them as well to make an example.

Comment

Needles... I've been avoiding my blood test for two weeks. I'm now sitting in hospital with my brother and they wanna run a blood test... I'm sorry, I know he might be scared and he's alone now but I'll wait outside...

Comment

I know some people like that with needles. I used to give blood, no problem with little pricks here

Irk, kryss and co you mentioned about Japan rental prices, take a look at this place, welcome to London!

A tiny studio flat that was being offered for rent for ?737 per month in north London has been removed after pressure from Islington Council.

A picture of the room, which features a bed, wardrobe, kitchen units and a sink, was posted on social media as an example of the London housing market.

A spokesman said earlier this week that the council would be investigating whether the apartment was fit to rent.

Inspectors have now decided it cannot be marketed in its current state.

Cllr James Murray, Islington Council's executive member for housing, told Newsbeat: "This place is a shoebox, not a flat, so we're serving a prohibition order to stop it being rented out again.

Full article
          Islington Council stops a one-room flat from being rented out after negative reaction on social media.

Comment

It's Islington. That's the London equivalent of Long Island, the rental prices are insane there too. My other half has just found somewhere to move out, and it's $1000 per month with everything in, but it's essentially two rooms, one with sofa and TV and upstairs has the bathroom, kitchen and a bed. Not to mention half the rental places are illegal without planning permission due to the demand.
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Exactly, there are so many places now that are just "converted" rooms in a house. Or even a converted shed in the garden if you go to Newham etc.
              Islington is cheap compared to Hampstead.

Comment

Book 1, Hardback
                Book 2, Hardback
                Book 3, Paperback

All interest lost. Wish it didn't bother me but I find inconsistency incredibly annoying and it puts me off things.

Comment

@shaffy: I've had that, too, but the other way around. I'm not into hardbacks and there was also a book I wanted that was released hardback first and then on paperback 6 months later.

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
                    Book 1, Hardback
                    Book 2, Hardback
                    Book 3, Paperback

All interest lost. Wish it didn't bother me but I find inconsistency incredibly annoying and it puts me off things.

Comment

Comment

heheh, that's so amazing.

Comment

ocd should be spelt cdo ...in alphabetical order as it should be

Comment

Some managers in my workplace are deliberately leaving health & safety hazards in place, & then are blaming other staff in the area who may not have seen the hazard, despite the rule being "if u see it u deal with it".

The term 'Health & Safety' has become a complete joke & an excuse to fire ppl off

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                              @shaffy: I've had that, too, but the other way around. I'm not into hardbacks and there was also a book I wanted that was released hardback first and then on paperback 6 months later.
                              Standard practice in the book world, for more popular books:

First: Hardback

Second: Trade Paperback - these are the large format versions. Typical delay 3-6 months.

Third: Mass market paperback - normal small size. Typically 8-12 months after paperback. This format is being hit the heaviest by eBooks. In future many believe it will be retired and only hardbacks and trades will remain.

That way the publishers earn more money as those who can't wait for the mass market paperback buy the more expensive versions.

Comment

Interesting.

I did relent and pick up the hardback in the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X