Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

t's Monday morning, I wake up at 6AM as usual (I get into the office before 7AM so I can get out at 4PM). Wash, dress, look out of the window and see there's no traffic.
    Uhm.
    That's strange.
    Could it be...check on the company calendar, it's a national holiday.
    Of course.

At least I've checked before heading to the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
      Amazon are doubling the threshold for Super Saver Delivery to a minimum ?20 order, unless you're ordering ?10-worth of books. Another annoying gouge.
      So... this. Looks like it's in reaction to Amazon being forced to pay tax in the UK for the first time, lest they be penalised for not doing so. So what's their first reaction? Pass some of that cost right back to their customers, while denying that they were ever avoiding tax in the first place. (Until a more expensive one comes along and they're forced to comply.)

The added sting in the tail is knowing that George Osborne actually did something right. I may need a few years to recover.

Comment

Nephew is round. His Nexus 7 screen broke. He doesn't know how. Allegedly. It had only just come back from having the screen repaired for ?70... I mentioned my nexus 7 has a silicone rubber case and I've dropped it several times without it breaking. Later in the day my daughter drops my nexus from about 4 foot up. It just slipped out of her hand. I saw it happen. Landed on the corner and I heard a slight crack. Screen broken... Bah. On the plus side I've ordered a 2013 model which will change apps without taking all day. And a really beefy case.

Comment

I'm hoping a new N7 makes an appearance soon, the N9 just looks silly. I wish Samsung would bring out a new Nexus tablet, the N10 is still a beast.
          But no 4:3 ffs.

Comment

Today was a bank holiday.

For some reason the powers that be deemed it acceptable to trade from 7am-8pm. I was rota'd for the 12pm-8pm.

I hate my job.
            Last edited by teddymeow; 26-05-2015, 05:24.

Comment

I just did 2 to 11. I've done this for years though so frankly I'm completely numb to working bank holidays. I don't even get paid extra.
              Last edited by speedlolita; 26-05-2015, 17:27. Reason: Edit: Typo.

Comment

We used to get paid triple the hourly rate for doing that at HMV, back in the VHS > DVD boom period. Whittled away with all of our other benefits, of course. Management seemed surprised when people suddenly stopped wanting to work on bank holidays and thought that a good alternative to an incentive was to simply force people to come in instead and threaten them with their jobs if they objected.

I was supposed to be going on a training course for the next two days but it was called off at the last minute yesterday as we still have loads of testing to do. Really irritating as I was all ready to go, including doing the recommended reading and getting my directions and course details all printed out and ready. I was looking forward to only being in for two days this week as well.

Comment

My friend somehow has a 16:10 television. It is an LG display with a panel resolution of 1680x1050, tuner and everything.

My issue is that it doesn't scale 16:9 properly. My friend turned on his PlayStation 3 and everything was wrong aspect ratio wise. I couldn't handle it. He just shrugged and said it didn't bother him. Like, that's so wrong, how does that TV even exist?!

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    Like, that's so wrong, how does that TV even exist?!
                    Well...
                    Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                    It is an LG display with a panel resolution of 1680x1050, tuner and everything.

Comment

LG aren't bad. They're the only people actually making OLED sets! I'm lusting after one of their 55" 4K OLED models.

Comment

My first HD TV was a 19" Samsung with a 16:10 ratio. No way to keep the aspect, either. Luckily MS decided to fix their scaler but before that everything was stretched a bit. It's a ridiculous aspect for a television. Completely pointless.

I once had an argument with my little bro about why stretching 4:3 to 16:9 wasn't a good idea so I feel your pain

Comment

Hope you have a really expensive gaming PC because you're not getting 4K out of a console any time soon.

Comment

Feeling anxious as **** all the time. Worrying about money and where we will be in ten years. Stressing over everything at the moment and it's annoying as I never do that.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                              My first HD TV was a 19" Samsung with a 16:10 ratio. No way to keep the aspect, either. Luckily MS decided to fix their scaler but before that everything was stretched a bit. It's a ridiculous aspect for a television. Completely pointless.

I once had an argument with my little bro about why stretching 4:3 to 16:9 wasn't a good idea so I feel your pain
                              I got used to it (the 4:3-16:9 thing) during the Dreamcast days, as I owned a Sony widescreen that offered no options for it.

As a result, the "round" (as opposed to oval) Dreamcast spiral logo still looks weird to me.

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                                Feeling anxious as **** all the time. Worrying about money and where we will be in ten years. Stressing over everything at the moment and it's annoying as I never do that.
                                One day at a time Mart, one day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X