Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I identify as a button pusher because I push dem buttons.

Comment

I don't like the term 'gamer' either, I have to say. Think that's to do with the still ongoing stigma related to playing videogames though. Most people over the age of 35 (and I'm aware many of us on here over 35, and are not like this!) seem to treat it with bemusement or regard it as juvenile. I don't tend to bring up the fact that I play videogames with people, even though it's how I spend a large percentage of my leisure time.

Comment

Dara O'Brien's Go 8-Bit redefined the term gamer for me. Apparently you just need to have played Doodle Jump on the train once to qualify.

Comment

Gamer, Gamer Girl, Gaymer, Transgamer. Have we left anyone out?

Don't forget to add "Hardcore" before each title

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
            Dara O'Brien's Go 8-Bit redefined the term gamer for me. Apparently you just need to have played Doodle Jump on the train once to qualify.
            You just have to profess to like videogames. That's it.

Doesn't matter if they're Doodle Jump or Dark Souls.

Otherwise the term isn't meaningful as it means totally different things to different people.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              Most people over the age of 35 seem to treat it with bemusement or regard it as juvenile. I don't tend to bring up the fact that I play videogames with people, even though it's how I spend a large percentage of my leisure time.
              Originally posted by randombs View Post
              Funny you should mention Dara Ó Briain, because that's who I thought of when Wakka said he denies he's a gamer.

"What do you do to relax after a gig, Dara?"

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                Funny you should mention Dara Ó Briain, because that's who I thought of when Wakka said he denies he's a gamer.
                His thing about crouching tickled me, BOTW I am close to throwing the controller out the window the amount of times I accidentally crouch during battles.

Comment

Cyclists who don't wear helmets, don't have lights on their bikes, don't wear any form of reflective clothing and who weave in and out of traffic with no regard for what's going on around them.

Who then have the audacity to swear and shout at motorists after nearly causing an accident before then deciding to ride on the pavement to get away from the situation they have caused.

Comment

Saw a guy doing exactly this last night on the way home. The only part I could see was faint reflection behind his pedals which were dirty and he was waving in and out the middle of the road before going through a red light.

Comment

It's that mischievous [MENTION=25]charlesr[/MENTION] up to his old tricks again.

He woke one morning and sat at the breakfast table in silence. Suddenly he looks up at the family and thumps his fist on the table.

"I choose not to shine!" he exclaims, running out of the house with purpose.

Comment

Irks me that the local McDonald's won't let customers on the premises after 9 due to a spate of recent robberies.

It's turned into a drive thru now and they won't allow (regular) on foot patrons to buy a burger, I'm peed off major about it as it's the only nearby fast food place that's open 24hrs.

What the hell am I gonna do about my post-pint nocturnal bacon Tasty addiction????!

Comment

Probably be a lot better off

Comment

It's the only time I have salad!

Comment

You are what you eat Jazz

Comment

^^ I read that as "you are what you jizz"

Comment

Working...
                                X