No announcement yet.

What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm about to start The Dark Tide by Andrew Gross who's usually a co-author with James Patterson & I love those books, so fingers crossed this'll be a good 'un.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercian View Post
      I've read this too Kernow. Brooker is a complete genius, I've been a devotee of his since TV go Home and still read his Comment is Free column.
      Put me down as another serious Brooker fan. Dawn of the Dumb was excellent. Kind of like what Clarkson would want to be like if he had any imagination or reasoning.

Comment

Anyone read this? I have it on the way.

Comment

Pride and prejudice

for Advanced higher english (Sort of a more difficult version of a A level)
          It's not very interesting and takes a good read to understand anything.

Comment

Just about to start Mouse Guard: Autumn 1152 by David Peterson which is only my second or third graphic novel that I've ever read.

Comment

I'm reading Silas Marner by George Eliot currently for college, and Wilt by Tom Sharpe has just arrived from amazon so I'll probably start that as well, for something entirely different

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                I'm reading Silas Marner by George Eliot currently for college....entirely different
                Do you think someones having a laugh in the plot summary. the spelling makes me think disgruntled school boy

Comment

I can't click that, spoilers!

Comment

Blind Faith by Ben Elton, very good stuff - always liked his writing

Comment

Re-reading the Michael Palin diaries, they make perfect bedtime reading as I can just read a few entries before I go to sleep. He does come across as an incredibly nice man.

Comment

I'm half way through The Divine Matrix now.

Some really funky stuff in here, in regards to some experiments involving human DNA.

Apart from those, not really learning much I don't already know.

Comment

Due to 'challenging' shift patterns at work which affect my deeper concentration, I've been going back into graphic novels, getting 'El Borbah' by Charles Burns out of the library...only to discover it's the exact same book (pretty much) as 'Hardboiled Defective Stories', which I've owned for eons.

Having said that, it's ****-hot stuff, and Burns' artwork is much more than the joy of joys to behold. **** is precious.

Comment

Reading 'Brainwashed' by Dominic Streatfield, and it's one of the scariest things I've ever read. The methods of psychological torture that exist are genuinely spine chilling.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows View Post
                              I shotgunned (downed in a onner) James Herberts' 'The Rats' last night from midnight to 6am. F**k me what a book. Eventhough it's only 170+ pages I've never read a book in one sitting before.

I was initially put off of reading it due to me not being phazed by rats at all - Infact I'd probably play with a dirty wild rat, if I ever found one, just to disgust my companions for humour - although these motherf**kers are proper ****tening. It was actually me reading the first chapter of 'Domain' (the 3rd book in the trilogy) that prompted me to start The Rats then Lair just so I could continue before I spoilt it any more. Domain sounds proper intense and is slap-bang on the mark when it comes to describing modern day, or from what I can see indefinate future, political climate. I well can't wait to get that far.

The one thing I love about Herbert is that he leaves nothing uncovered - all the weird + freaky **** happens not behind closed doors, or within locked dungeons, but out in the streets, at football matches, infront of thousands of people, and everything is eventually explained properly instead of leaving the reader to think about open ended reasoning - I hate endings like that, you're the writer - don't leave the ending for me to worry about just because your story was **** to begin with.

Just starting 'Lair' right now - and it's a hard-back too so it feels like I'm reading a proper book with some weight instead of some cheapo overly recycled wap.
                              Wicked books - full of filth.

Comment

Just picked up a brand new copy of Divine Justice by David Baldacci from my local library which I'm really looking forward to reading.

Comment

Working...
                                X