Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook Marketplace and scammers with their copy/paste courier scam nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      They literally haven't made a single revelation in any of the coverage they've had. Main thing now is they wanted out, they're out. They wanted to be self sufficient, they now have upward of £200m in the bank. They wanted to get their version of events out there, they've done that.

There is now not one single reason left as to why they now don't do what they said they ultimately wanted from the beginning and **** off. Anything further will just add to the wave against them and the support for the royals undermining their whole original case.
      Their making a massive amount of money out of it, the most watched thing on Netflix last year wasn't Stranger Things or Wednesday it was there bloody documentary. No doubt his book will sell a **** load too, and then he will bugger off into oblivion with his millions and his privacy before getting divorced in a few years to start the media cycle again.

she will go down the path of My time with the Prince was hell!!! blaming his family/race discrimination/being Bullied by press as the main reason their relationship broke down. He will no doubt go down how i was manipulated into turning away from my family gold digger, toxic, manipulative ect really playing up to the press image of her

Comment

Lawd, can we stop talking about them?

Comment

Had a job promotion opportunity come up that was easily within my skill set and would have given me a good pay bump. Management more-or-less begged me to apply and even gave me an early interview so I could do it before going on holiday. Interview went great, manager even said I did excellent without me asking.

Get an Email - I've been unsuccessful and they've given it to another colleague with less experience and skill (not entirely sure how they can make somebody a systems manager when they have almost no systems experience). Pretty certain I know what's happened here - they wanted me to apply and be interviewed so it didn't look like they were just creating a post to give straight to the manager's favourite. Bonus of giving me a good slug to the gut as well.

It has been the final push for me to stop working for my employer where I've been since 2004. They've screwed me over for the last time. I'm going to find a new job elsewhere and to be honest I think I'll just go off sick during my notice period. The new systems manager can have fun establishing how systems work by talking to the wall, because I was the only one who actually knows. I've certainly no intentions of training somebody to do a job that they can't do.

Comment

No 128GB option for iPads. 64GB is too small and I don't see the need for 256GB.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
              No 128GB option for iPads. 64GB is too small and I don't see the need for 256GB.
              It's also that Apple have that weird thing of charging an extra £300 for a larger device over a smaller one, when it's just that the device either has a storage component that costs £20 or a storage component that costs £40.

Maybe they've gotten better in recent years; but I'm straight up willing to assert that their phones and tablets didn't have SD card slots because it would show up just how ridiculous their pricing model was.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                It's also that Apple have that weird thing of charging an extra £300 for a larger device over a smaller one, when it's just that the device either has a storage component that costs £20 or a storage component that costs £40.

Maybe they've gotten better in recent years; but I'm straight up willing to assert that their phones and tablets didn't have SD card slots because it would show up just how ridiculous their pricing model was.
                They're the same as always. 64GB base iPads, laptops with base RAM of 8GB / 256GB SSD with high mark-ups to upgrade and so on. I expect it at this point but it still gets me when I see the price difference.

Comment

Yeah Apple’s up charges for storage remain a ripoff. And yeah I have no doubt that the only reason they have never offered SD card slots on non-Macs is because they make a ton of cash from selling storage upgrades. It’s pure margin.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
                    Had a job promotion opportunity come up that was easily within my skill set and would have given me a good pay bump. Management more-or-less begged me to apply and even gave me an early interview so I could do it before going on holiday. Interview went great, manager even said I did excellent without me asking.

Get an Email - I've been unsuccessful and they've given it to another colleague with less experience and skill (not entirely sure how they can make somebody a systems manager when they have almost no systems experience). Pretty certain I know what's happened here - they wanted me to apply and be interviewed so it didn't look like they were just creating a post to give straight to the manager's favourite. Bonus of giving me a good slug to the gut as well.

It has been the final push for me to stop working for my employer where I've been since 2004. They've screwed me over for the last time. I'm going to find a new job elsewhere and to be honest I think I'll just go off sick during my notice period. The new systems manager can have fun establishing how systems work by talking to the wall, because I was the only one who actually knows. I've certainly no intentions of training somebody to do a job that they can't do.
                    Do it! I was at a place for a long time, and leaving was scary but it was a great move. Took two more moves to get to the right place mind. Best of luck dude!

Comment

Hyundai trying to gaslight me about it being my mistake on how to pronounce their name in their ads when their ads have said Hyundai the old way for donkey's years

Comment

I haven't seen the ad in question, but you're saying Hyundai should be pronounced Hyundai? I feel like such a fool, I've always pronounced it Hyundai.
                        It's like Nice biscuits and nice all over again (I've always pronounced it "nice").

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          Hyundai trying to gaslight me about it being my mistake on how to pronounce their name in their ads when their ads have said Hyundai the old way for donkey's years
                          Wait... I saw this on Reddit.

The adverts have always said H-yun day - like two syllables.

Are they now saying this is wrong?

Comment

I googled this, here is the ad:

Apparently it's Heeundee. I've always pronounced it Hyundye, like the fools it makes fun of in the advert.

Memorable ad concept, but also I find it irritating. Lol

Comment

Why didn't they do that yonks ago when they first came on the market, precious twats.

We get Toshiba wrong, it's not the 'ello Tosh got a Toshiba' from the ads, it's toe - shi - ba.

Oh, and karaoke, isn't can you please 'carry' this 'okay'.

Comment

The Toshiba and Karaoke pronunciations are easier for English speakers, though.

I pronounce karaoke as “carry oakie” and Toshiba like in the advert when I’m speaking English but I say them properly when I’m speaking in Japanese, just like I won’t pronounce English words properly in the middle of a Japanese sentence. It’s jarring.

Comment

Working...
                                X